Hi,New girl on the block. Anyone know anything about upgrading from Vista 64bit to Windows7. Any problems I might run in to???

Suz
Upgrading from Vista should be no problem, I took this route originally but have now had to do a clean install due to a virus and I must say the clean install is definitly running faster and rock solid.
Windows 7 i s a big improvement on Vista.  Best way to do it is to use the Migration Assistant or Upgrade Tool that microsoft supplies..   it will save all your documents and settings, and restore them once windows 7 is up and working. 
THANKS FOR THE GREAT ADVICE DREAMER!!

:D :D
JadeStone wrote: THANKS FOR THE GREAT ADVICE DREAMER!!

:D :D

Need some more advice.........anyone know how to retrieve lost administrator password without re-enstalling windows ?? :( My computer uses fingerprint and I dont ever remember using a password......any help would be greatly appreciated!
My suggestion is... save everything and if you can save it on a disc that is good if not...., then e mail it to yourself. Reformat it. Remember what you did when setting it up again.
Reformat it? SERIOUSLY? Nothing like throwing a "hail mary" pass. That was the most inept answer to a simple problem.

OH, and just how many cd/dvd's would I need to create the .iso file?

Dumb dumb dumb....
"Reformat it? SERIOUSLY? Nothing like throwing a "hail mary" pass. That was the most inept answer to a simple problem.

OH, and just how many cd/dvd's would I need to create the .iso file?

Dumb dumb dumb...."

As dumb as, say, complaining about a four year old post?
My bad, Griff...doesn't change my stance on the supplying a not-good answer. I almost forgot Star left this site for one that was a "secure site" which she wanted to be her own without sharing.

I mistook her arrival recently again as a new post (DOH!).

But suggesting to reformat your drive before installing an upgrade to a newer OS? HA! :lol:

-DF
old post or not, i think that was pretty nasty, and ignorant,  to diss someone for lack of pc know how...  i only just grasped how to switch on, and log into  comps, again..following a massive and complete memory  collapse...   most other stuff, especially tech stuff.. i might as well  learn a new language.. I know Zip, past clicking this on, and picking out a site or two.. to talk to friends... apparently,    there are ways to either ignore, or  politely  give out  helpful advise,  not take the mess..