Name of the favourite place: Lisbon, Portugal
Why I chose it? What made it so special?:
Lisbon is Europe's second-oldest capital (after Athens), once home to the world's greatest explorers, like Vasco da Gama, Magellan and Prince Henry the Navigator. It's one of the world's great historic cities, with characteristic and surprising sights, cultural treasures, and a beautiful setting that make it a paradise for walkers and photographers.

Name of the „dream” place: Helsinki, Finland
Why I think it’s worth to see?:
Founded in 1550, the "Daughter of the Baltic" has been the Finnish capital since 1812, when it was rebuilt by the tsars of Russia along the lines of a miniature St. Petersburg. As the snow falls, the idyllic summer town is replaced with something completely different, but equally alive with opportunities for a great time. Helsinki is a compact town, in the best possible way. The capital of Finland is a compact city easily explored on foot. Design, architecture, culture and shopping are all great exploration angles and large park areas, forests, lakes, and the coastline with numerous islands sprinkled off it make certain there’s no shortage of natural presence. Needless to say, there’s something going on in Helsinki every day of the year.

giethoorn.jpg
Giethoorn, Netherlands

Giethoorn is a small village in the North East of the Netherlands and is known as the Venice of the Netherlands as it is mostly car free and people travel by boat through the network of waterways through beautiful countryside with lots of pretty thatched houses alongside. There are also lots of footpaths and cycle routes so it's a great place to forget about cars and busy roads.
You have to be a registered member to view the files attached to this post.
Name of the favourite place: Rotterdam, Netherland
Rotterdam is a city of many faces: a tough port city, a trendy nightlife city, a sophisticated shopping city, and a hip artistic city. Full of energy and innovation, Rotterdam reinvented itself after the bombing of the Second World War. It broke with the past and chose modern architecture. The motto: light, air and space, was ground breaking for that time. Rotterdam still embraces experimentation: almost anything is possible. Here, you are constantly surprised by new initiatives: from a rooftop city farm to a music festival in the harbour, from an exclusive rooftop bar to a brewery in an old warehouse. Is Rotterdam a must see city? Absolutely! ☺

Name of the „dream” place: Dubrovnik, Croatia
Dubrovnik is a one-town tourist industry on its own and the most photographed city in Croatia. Has recovered from the war damage it suffered during the 1990s, and visitors have returned to this tranquil city. Nestled between the Adriatic and the Dinaric Alps, it’s an accessible and affordable city break for many European travellers.

Name of the favourite place: Liverpool, UK
Just: Beatles ☺
But a sightseeing tour is a brilliant way to experience Liverpool city region. Whether you are new to the destination, or are already familiar with many of the city’s landmarks, a guided tour is an ideal way to discover more about it’s unique culture and heritage. Liverpool is home to some of the most beautiful pubs in the UK and they make for the perfect places to stop for a drink to warm up in the winter months or cool off in the summer ones!

Name of the „dream” place: Lausanne, Switzerland
Lausanne, the second-largest city on Lake Geneva, combines a dynamic commercial town with the locality of a holiday resort. The capital of the canton of Vaud is also a lively university and convention town. Sports and culture are given a high profile in the Olympic capital.

Rideau Canal, Ottawa Canada. Skating and Winterlude Winter Carnival.
Rideau Canal Skating.jpg
Snowmobiling, New Brunswick, Canada
New Brunswick Snowmobiling.jpg
St. Martins ocean beach view (Feb 16, 2019), New Brunswick, Canada
Beach Walk.jpg
Name of the favourite place: Udine, Italy
Udine is a town with squares of Venetian charm and ancient buildings, all surrounded by porticos, seems to be an open-air lounge; here you can observe the slideshow of ancient and colourful historical buildings which impart the spirit of the town.

Name of the „dream” place: Cartagena, Spain
Cartagena's fabulous natural harbour has been used for thousands of years. Stand on the battlements of the castle that overlook this city and you can literally see layer upon layer of history spread below you. This pedestrian-friendly city greets you with its ancient Mediterranean port on Spain's southeastern coast. Originally governed by the Carthaginians and subsequently by the Romans, Arabs and Castilians.

Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada. Built in 1915, Picturesque Peggy's Cove is the most photographed of the approximately 160 lighthouses in Nova Scotia. Just one of many beautiful places to visit in Nova Scotia.
peggys_cove_sunset-448x422.jpg
Right now? Anyplace that's pool side warm, with gentle sea breezes, sunshine and cocktails with little umbrellas.
Hi Apple,
What about Maldives?
My house comes to mind, Mac. Mrs. lol
Cabot Trail, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada. Beautiful scenic drive.
cabot_landing_driving.jpg
Name of the favourite place: Wat Rong Khun (White Temple), Chiang Rai, Thailand
Wat Rong Khun, the Thai official name for this majestic white temple that is located in Chiang Rai, northern Thailand. This city shares the border with two other Southeast Asian countries, which is Myanmar and Laos and commonly known as the Golden Triangle. The Buddhist temple is owned designed and constructed by a Thai visual artist, Chalermchai Kositpipat. Once you stepped inside, you will not believe your eye on how beautiful this temple is. The details of the architecture are amazing and this is a must-go destination in Northern Thailand. I was so lucky to meet him.

Name of the „dream” place: Chichen Itza, Mexico
Chichen Itza is the most famous of all the great Mayan cities. This is somewhat ironic because its most famous structures do not have a typical Classic Mayan architecture. It is also the most developed of the many Mayan ruins and can get crowded. But the combination of grant scale monuments and the mysterious precise astronomical calculation in the buildings make the Chichen Itza ruins truly amazing. The Maya name “Chich’en Itza” means “At the mouth of the well of the Itza”.

Name of the favourite place: Trakai, Lituania
The old town of Trakai – which is extremely popular with the residents of Lithuania and foreign guests – is situated west of Vilnius between the hills, forests and lakes. This town, famous for its picturesque landscape and the legendary Trakai Castle, was a cradle of the Lithuanian statehood, an important military and political centre, headquarters of the Lithuanian Grand Dukes, and the former capital of Lithuania.

Name of the „dream” place: Meteoras, Greece
Meteora Greece monasteries is a major complex of Eastern Orthodox monasteries situated in the region of Thessaly in Central Greece. The complex consists of six monasteries which are built on top of an inaccessible high column of sandstone which rise starkly over 400 m above sea level. Some of the monasteries of Meteora still house religious communities and therefore inhabited by monks and nuns.