I thought I would share with others out there that there is peace available for all of us. I am an old hippy and have done many many crazy things in the past that caused me problems throughout my marriage. After my divorce, after hitting bottom to the point of not wanting to live, I finally went back to the basics. Somehow I managed to gather up enough strength to get into that good old book that sits on everyones shelf, but is rarely read. Yes, I'm talking about the Bible.

I started reading it for myself 14 years ago and realized that after 45 years in a so-called christian church, I had been lied to in every way. The moment I started reading things for myself, the book opened up for me. I invited Yeshua (incorrectly commonly called Jesus), into my life and have been in ministry helping others ever since. I'm not into religion, I am not into the business of church as it it commonly referred to, I have a personal relationship with the Jewish Messiah Yeshua. That relationship has since brought me peace that individuals search all their life for and rarely find.

I just wanted to share the fact that there is perfect peace (shalom shalom) available for all those who are willing to turn from their ways and the ways of the world and get back to the basics of moral values and plain old common sense. We all have that instruction book, but how many of us have ever read it? You would be surprised how much sense that book makes when you take it seriously.
Have a great day
respect to you
I too avoided the mainstream churches because they did not follow the ten commandments in teaching.With me however,I was greatly supprised to stumble upon a TV pastor named Doug Bachelor who was teaching the bible (without shouting and bouncing to and fro) exactly as what I believed to be true and in a calm voice.He backs up his teachings with several quotes when making a point,such as the seventh day Sabbath.Yes,he's a Seventh Day Adventist and I would attend that church if there was one in my area.I get his program via Amazing Facts channel on an FTA  TV satellite known as Galaxy 19 @ 97* W longitude on one of my satellite dishes.
    The other seemingly contradictory,but simultaneous occurrence was that my neighbour and friend was urging  me to attend the Little River Baptist Church where he is a deacon.I have been attending this church for nearly a year now and feel that that is ' where I belong'.There are several correct ways of pronouncing Jesus' name,depending on which language it was translated from.I believe 'Yeshua' is from the Aramaiac ( the language Jesus spoke) but I'm not a scholar and can not debate you on that.Best of luck and God bless.
PS: I wrote this a week ago tonight:

Salvation

Sweet Jesus I owe everything to you and to you alone,
You have shown me my home,you are my anchorstone,
You have saved me always when stormy winds have blown, 
You have always been my rock,the truest friend I've known,
 And why do you think me worthy as a seed you have sown
What can I ever do to earn all the love you've shown .

I am not a wealthy man but I am very rich by far,
When I walk my journey you're my guiding star
And you know that I am honest in all the things I do,
I have never born false witness,I only say what's true,
You have strengthened my soul before I even knew
Of life's losses with your love to see me through.

You have always had your hand placed within my soul,
You have shown me your light that has made me whole,
 I have never know this love that comes from your grace,
Nor have I known compashion that shines from your face,
For I am still a sinner and you are the son of God
I can only meet you after I've slept beneath the sod.

Ch: Let me know sweet Jesus, let me know beyond my days
Let me know my savior,when I bow down to you in praise,
 When my time here is drawing short and coming to a close,
As they carry me away after leading the life I chose,
I pray that I will leave not sorrow for those that I love,
But instead to know the joy that waits for us above.
Hawkeye

You have taken my breath away with that wonderful prayer. It has moved me beyond words. I have found a wonderful Reiki master who heals through Angels. I know I have my Angels and somehow, I do believe my Guardian Angel brought Michelle into my life to help me move on. I now have had 4 sessions with her and she has worked on my emotional and spiritual state. I am now in a place where I am experiencing a sense of peace I never thought possible. Even though I have a strong faith and pray daily to the Sacred Heart and of course my Angels, Michelle, working with the Angels has literally changed my life. I am no longer living in my head, I am more positive and hopeful about the future and most of all, I am letting go and as the saying goes.. 'let God'. For once I am not trying to control anyone or anything. This is a major step for me which obviously caused allot of anxiety and low energy.
Thank you for that beautiful prayer and I hope to read some more in this forum I literally just found! So double joy, I get a chance to say hi and thank you. Warm regards :)