I don't know. If I could live in a land of rainbows and sunshine with my dogs forever I think I could make it work. I sure as hell don't want to come back here.
I think that we all have a different view on what heaven is like. I think it is a mean thing to do for someone to dash other peoples hopes of being reunited with our loved ones including our pets. sometimes its only hope that helps us to deal with a loss. I do believe we get to see are loved ones again and if there is a rainbow bridge,I will not be walking across it and will be running faster than my legs will take me. :D
Well said Morton.  Don't let anyone put out your hopes and dreams and take it from you...there may be no literal bridge but there is a reuniting with our loved ones and that includes our pet family. ...Fern
THE POWER OF THE DOG

by Rudyard Kipling

There is sorrow enough in the natural way
From men and women to fill our day;
But when we are certain of sorrow in store,
Why do we always arrange for more?
Brothers and sisters I bid you beware
Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.

When the fourteen years that nature permits
Are closing in asthma or tumors or fits
And the vet’s unspoken prescription runs
To lethal chambers, or loaded guns.
Then you will find–its your own affair
But–you’ve given your heart to a dog to tear.

When the body that lived at your single will
When the whimper of welcome is stilled (how still!)
When the spirit that answered your every mood
Is gone–wherever it goes–for good,
You still discover how much you care...
By giving your heart to a dog to tear.
what pet ends up in hell? Really? Evil only exists in humans due to original sin. Some animals can be vicious, wild but not evil. They all go to the Bridge and wait for us.
LouisaG,
That brought tears to my eyes. I love my pets almost to a fault, it is sad when they pass on. most of them have passed due to old age, with a smile on their furry faces. i printed Rudyard's piece for my daughter,, she is a more avid animal lover than I. thank you for the sad, but realistic point that makes us (me at least) cherish our pets even more now.
Soon, pets will be allowed to be gay. Bun fun will be available to dogs
on the street. Harassment will become the norm.
Chaos. Kinda like "dog owners"?
Nobody owns any other. we borrow it.
Kinda like two fleas arguing over who owns dog's butt their on.