and be mean...without the consequences

“The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.”

-George Bernard Shaw
I have often seen a group of young people together, all on their mobile phones. I sometimes wonder if they're texting each other because they have lost the ability to talk! :)
I hate texting. I mean that tiny little keyboard ..its beyond me. So I don' text. I tell all those that want to text me, I cannot. I tell them I had this terrible texting accident, and since then have been unable to text. I say this with a straight face. They seem to understand all the pain and shock I went though, and don't asked questions concerning the how and why. :) I know wicked huh? LOL Well I do get around to telling them I have been able to convert to talk-text. I talk, the phone converts it to type, and ta da I am sending a text. Well it works for me. Only thing is I have to read it before i send it out because it does'nt always convert my talk words to text words correctly. You would not believe some of the things it converted that I never said. lol
Hope you enjoyed this and smile with me. Remember to treat me gently, for I am still recovering from my texting accident.lol
Laurie
Graham1 wrote: I have often seen a group of young people together, all on their mobile phones. I sometimes wonder if they're texting each other because they have lost the ability to talk! :)

Graham, I have thought exactly the same thing.  Life is sure changing right before our eyes.   :lol:  
I believe texting makes cheating on your S/O easier.