I recently participated in an Aboriginal Sweat Lodge and the experience was unlike anything I had ever experienced. How anyone else out there had this experience??
I have and it is awesome, just have to ensure that the ones have good intentions.
And yes I would do it again, you have to be invited, and take certain things (like in the native culture)
ie) tobacco or something
And it again is a wonderful experience with the right ones and the right intentions..
The elders would tell you this has well.

Glad you enjoyed :D
  My self have not been yet i have been invited to a few but due to medical i was unable at that time
       but as  rose stated on the offering iam not sure on the area up around rose but at many of the
       reservations in\around the Calgary area the gift is not mandatory  & as far as the invite that is
       easy to obtain at any native addiction or rehabilitation  center  they can also put you in touch
       on where to get sweet grass for smudging as well as time & location of said. and yes you want
       to make sure ur head is in the right place. So enjoy play safe. 
Never heard of these. Are they like saunas?
No they are not like saunas; they are held outside in a hut like structure; they light a fire outside to heat up rocks...which will be taken into the sweat lodge; there is a lot of things that happen before the fascilitator starts....it is pitch dark...and prayers are said ( for me it is all in OJI CREE ) it is very spiritual....sometimes one sees images ( I do ) ...in the meattime it gets very hot as water is poured on the hot rocks...they take a break half way thru as it would just be too hot without some air...you should google this...it is quite the experience.
Maggie10 wrote: I recently participated in an Aboriginal Sweat Lodge and the experience was unlike anything I had ever experienced. How anyone else out there had this experience??

yes u sure do experience things and it is fantastic, and yes according the the catfish you can get it free, i am of Cherokee decent, which it really doesn't matter, has we are all one. But still proud to be Cherokee.
Has far has gifts go yes, allot of elders that have deep roots, up in the Yukon, around here and so forth do require something for mother earth, and prayers are said just like Maggie had mentioned

Blessings to all
MiTakuYaOyasin...
It was told to me by a Dakota Sioux medicine man, that All the races had lodges.
Now we can share, what remains - with one heart, mind.
Go...be with spirit!