Spring Gardening, my flower garden needs lots of work this spring. I didn't put my flower bed to rest this past fall. But I did order some Butterfly plants and hummingbird plants. They will arrive in the spring for planting. My strawberry plant's are doing fairly well in my pots in my basement. Hoping that they will do well when I bring them back outside this spring. Every year my neighbors on either side of me spray their lawn to get rid of weeds. My yard every year bloom in dandelions, clover, and wild violets. I do want the bumblebees to have food to feed on. I do have several bird feeders that I try to keep filled. And it it is okay if the squirrels get a few meals from the feeders. That is one feeder I don't have yet. So I will enjoy the rest of the winter with snow covering the ground, and the plants and weeds in hibernation. Knowing that there is no grass to cut or weed's to pull.
I don't know what they are, but I love the idea of hummingbird plants! I ordered some shrubs 4 weeks ago and am still waiting for them. I desperately want them in the ground ready to start blloming as soon as it turns warm. But none of them are hummingbirds!
Hummingbird mint is what I will be planting this spring.
It is currently 20.02.2018, 10:43