As the weather has turned rather chilly, whilst out shopping I thought I’d buy some root veg and make myself some nice homemade soup.
Turned out pretty good and will make use of what’s left over the next day or two.

Anyone else making fresh homemade soup ?
i cook every weekend soup and freeze later in small containers for the week. My favorite is chicken soup.
I make them all the time... AND I make stew as well for the dogs.. all goes into a container and put in the freezer.

Chicken Veggie
Beef Veggie
and just plain veggie
Ham I find it to salty and need to figure a way to reduce the salt lol. I think I figure it out :)
Sossa and Daisyjean looks like you’ve got your soups all sorted out.

Daisyjean, if your using Gammon ham then rinsing it well and boiling it a couple of times will help reduce the saltiness.
I was thinking on... boiling it and then just take a bit of water and get rid of the rest so it won't be so salty...
Even I can taste salt in tomatoes ripen off the vines :)

Tks for the tip tho :D
Best way to get salt out if ham is to put a whole peeled potato in the water as it's cooking. The potato absorbs the salt. Then you can remove it prior to adding the rest of the ingredients.
Sara2101 wrote: Best way to get salt out if ham is to put a whole peeled potato in the water as it's cooking. The potato absorbs the salt. Then you can remove it prior to adding the rest of the ingredients.

Sara, that’s a great tip :D
Sara2101 wrote: Best way to get salt out if ham is to put a whole peeled potato in the water as it's cooking. The potato absorbs the salt. Then you can remove it prior to adding the rest of the ingredients.

Depending on what breed of potoato you are using, some don't absorb salt and some do absorb salt a little. Even if they absorb a lot of salt, I still can taste a lot of salt. I find that Yukon Gold don't absorb salt at all.

Yup I can taste Salt in Tomatoes and Carrots. I don't add salt when I am using any kind of veggies... unless I am craving for it :lol:

But a good tip tho!
Hi
looking for that special meat loaf recipe. Care to share.