I work from home in Ontario transcribing court files for Alberta Justice in Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta. I'm also a retired nurse.
Mustangsally wrote: I work from home in Ontario transcribing court files for Alberta Justice in Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta. I'm also a retired nurse.

This is very interesting, as I use to work for the justice department and when people ask for the court transcript/s, it has to come from Alberta court which is either in Edmonton or Calgary, depending on your location. For me to get the court transcript/s it will come from Calgary court and it is sealed documents from the secretary of the Alberta Court system in Calgary or Edmonton, it is also register mail to the address that ask for the court transcript. This applied for both justice system (provincial and federal court). The government won't do any court transcript via e mail as it is a confidential information, so it has to be register mail.
Raised on a farm.. Army early in life,, 40 years as a Production Chemical supervisor,, Been ranching for twenty years or so.. Have cattle, goats and chicken.. Hay fields, gardens along with all the equipment to make it happen.. I do have a plot set aside for some older people that don’t have a place to plant a garden,, they do take care of it.. Most are younger than me.. I till it, compose and give them water,, they do the rest.. :D
stardaisy wrote:
Mustangsally wrote: I work from home in Ontario transcribing court files for Alberta Justice in Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta. I'm also a retired nurse.

This is very interesting, as I use to work for the justice department and when people ask for the court transcript/s, it has to come from Alberta court which is either in Edmonton or Calgary, depending on your location. For me to get the court transcript/s it will come from Calgary court and it is sealed documents from the secretary of the Alberta Court system in Calgary or Edmonton, it is also register mail to the address that ask for the court transcript. This applied for both justice system (provincial and federal court). The government won't do any court transcript via e mail as it is a confidential information, so it has to be register mail.

I've been doing it for eight years now. I started when I was living in Calgary. Last year they put the transcript department up for tender and the bidding went on all winter. We're just waiting now for the contracts to be awarded.
How funny is this? I've been doing transcribing as well while I'm healing up.

Otherwise, I spent 6 years working for FEMA both in their Region Office and in disaster field offices as a Data Dept. Manager.
Before that I worked for 9 years as a Title III (Education) Program Assistant on a community college campus. The job was a bit of everything from database, desktop publishing, inventory, computer lab tech, travel coordinator and grant writing. I like the Girl Friday jobs.
I've worked in a Catholic school, for a state justice dept., a City Parks, Building, & Public Works depts., at a YMCA, several retail jobs, and learned an enormous amount from being a member of Jaycees which is a volunteer community service organization. Oh yes, and I've been a car hop and cafe waitress during my high school years.

I know it looks like I'm a rolling stone, and it's true. I like to constantly learn new things and be challenged. After driving a desk for over 30 years and wanting to ease into retirement, I'd like to do something completely different, not sitting in a chair.
Me too, I get bored easily. I've always had a misguided sense of wanting to help people and I say that only because I really don't like working with people. I wanted to be a veterinary assistant until I spent a morning in a clinic and watched them neuter a cat  :lol: That was the end of that.

I've worked for the Canadian Dept. of Agriculture tracking cattle herds and shipping animals across the border.

I've been an oil and gas secretary. I was kind of a pioneer in the computer industry in that in 1975 I worked for Amoco Canada. Amoco wanted something that would allow them to communicate with their various offices so that if an agreement needed to be signed it could be sent, reviewed, signed and sent back the same day so they started messing with computers. They sent me to Tulsa for two weeks to work with their programmers and developed something called the EOS or electronic office system. Their original EDGAR program can be still found I think.  In the '80s they sold it to IBM and the rest is history.

I was a customs broker, a hairdresser, and a practical nurse working in a podiatry clinic with an in-house OR so I assisted the doctors in surgery. I  was also a massage therapist back before it was trendy and everybody wanted to meet me in hotel rooms :lol:

This transcription business is about the longest time I've spent in any job -- oh, yeah,  I worked for Pinkertons in Calgary as well as a security guard/PI but most of the PI jobs went to the men.

I'm the same way, more a back office person. I have a low tolerance level for customer service in that I react badly to people who behave badly, act superior, or find it fun to make my day miserable.

PI sounds interesting but I know I'd be more successful using a computer than pounding pavement. And it was a bit of a shock when I moved to a more metro area and discovered the majority of jobs in my field required being bi-lingual in Spanish. Damn, I spent 9 years at the college; had I seen that one coming I could have taken Spanish during lunch or something! :D
I went to college for Interior Design but late 1980's mini crash no designing jobs but landed in electrical company doing drawings then Sewer Plant designing tanks and then big machine that print the reader digest magazines etc... then to Pharmaceutical company doing a lot changes for the shop and engineers for over 13 years and then 2008 crash and laid off and now I teach at local college Mechanical and Architecture courses talk about making a big circle. Unique16
Wow, this forum is kinda old, but, i will post anyways ! lol, I am in the Break & Enter business, a trade that I entered into some 35 years ago, some people will figure out what I mean, and others will just say,, W h a t ? I also am retired from grain farming and started working with an amazing networking company based out of Utah,, .. What good is life without your health.. To all, Live Long and Prosper !
I am a support worker, supporting people with learning disabilities. Its a brilliant job and very rewarding. I am also doing QCF level 3 - was called NVQ so that I can become a senior.
I work from home making new clothes out of old.
I am retired but I do a lot of volunteer work as a companion in Nursing Homes and I enjoy it.

Prior to retirement, I worked at the University of Calgary in the IT department. Prefer my life now though!

singleme
I am retired too, but I had lots of jobs and lots of education too, work in restraunts, on a ranch near Nanton for a micro fiche company that does oil well logs, support worker for disable adults which can be very challenging, as a care giver for seniors in their own home, working on line for people who have computer problems but I am sure I am obsolete by now lol. So now I just take care of my; pets and my home as well as myself ;).
Have met some wonderful people on this site, so this is why I rate this site so highly from my experience of other on line dating sites.
Read "Blackwidow's" note on this board last night, I found it interesting. Now it gone and I hope she put it back up, it show the life character of such individuals and how they manage life growing into their senior years.
Yes I do remember A&W on skates, going to vehicle with a tray full their yummy food and drinks, their famous Root Beer!! :), thank BW for mentioning it as it sure brought back those good memories of A & W.