Hello: I recently saw W5 program showing extreme cruelty to pigs and piglets by large corporations in the meat business out west in Canada. Can't get the horrible pictures out of my head. How can we blame China for their cruelty when we are doing similar things here. This extreme cruelty is all in the name of bigger business and the almighty dollar. I have boycotted pork until they change their practices. Pigs are intelligent and sensitive creatures. I'm sure the cattle industry is also cruel. Tears of shame being shed by me for being human. What do you think? Thanks for listening, Barbieboo :| :cry:
I so agree with you, I feel exactly the same, and always have since I was a child, today I am a Vegan, Vegan for the animals,There is no need to eat them, I am glad they showed this on TV, and no doubt it was toned down, The atrocities done towards animals from the minute they are born, while alive and then transport , to a horrific slaughter, tells me we are a INSANE society, and need to wake up..Most people do not know what goes on and don't unfortunately want to know, I have many of these visions in my mind,,, I thanks you so much for caring too...Blessings =^..^=
I agree,cruelty to animals should carry a long prison sentence. if people had to kill for there own meat, how many would be able to do it.
I feel the same way, I saw that W5 program but was already aware of the cruelty of factory farms. I stopped buying pork products years ago, and try my best to buy only meats that are local and organic. So I'm an ethical omnivore, not sure if vegan would work for me. People need to be aware that there are alternatives to buying the crap in the supermarkets.
After watching that program, I couldn't stop thinking about those pigs, poor souls . I'd like to rescue one, but can't find a pig rescue in the Ottawa area. There are several near Toronto and upstate NY where you can sponsor a pig.
barbieboo wrote: Hello: I recently saw W5 program showing extreme cruelty to pigs and piglets by large corporations in the meat business out west in Canada. Can't get the horrible pictures out of my head. How can we blame China for their cruelty when we are doing similar things here. This extreme cruelty is all in the name of bigger business and the almighty dollar. I have boycotted pork until they change their practices. Pigs are intelligent and sensitive creatures. I'm sure the cattle industry is also cruel. Tears of shame being shed by me for being human. What do you think? Thanks for listening, Barbieboo :| :cry:

Barbie, there are farms where pigs are pasture raised. Try to find local organic meats, eggs from cage free chickens. I don't eat pork anymore either.