That is a true saying, I like the saying  ' never judge a book by its cover ' 
I also like the saying "Don't believe a woman is beautiful just because she looks as if she is"
Had a few bad dates, Graham? LOL (just kidding, amigo!) :lol:

-DF
When I read a thread where reactive comments can cause unrest, I look less at content and more at behavior. While most commenters are not antagonistic, one commenter continues to be just that. In the virtual world this person is often labeled a Troll, those who purposefully intend to rouse the ire of others. While it's sometimes difficult to ignore a Troll, it's the best course to get them to move on.

However, in this case, there's another explanation tied to behavior. So let's go to the Mayo (Clinic):

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for admiration and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

A narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of life, such as relationships, work, school or financial affairs. You may be generally unhappy and disappointed when you're not given the special favors or admiration you believe you deserve. Others may not enjoy being around you, and you may find your relationships unfulfilling.

Criteria for narcissistic personality disorder include these features:
•Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
•Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
•Exaggerating your achievements and talents
•Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
•Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people
•Requiring constant admiration
•Having a sense of entitlement
•Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations
•Taking advantage of others to get what you want
•Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
•Being envious of others and believing others envy you
•Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner

Causes:
It's not known what causes narcissistic personality disorder. As with other mental disorders, the cause is likely complex. Narcissistic personality disorder may be linked to:
•Mismatches in parent-child relationships with either excessive pampering or excessive criticism
•Genetics or psychobiology — the connection between the brain and behavior and thinking


So while there's treatment for this disorder, many don't seek it. Instead, they show up in places where the majority find them uncomfortable to associate with. It must be a joyless existence and in fact we evidence that by seeing it in words and photos. Take from this what you want and reach a happy place with how you decide to deal with it.
Try defiant disorder? As this person seems to be defiance to anyone posting. This disorder is found with many mental illness, commonly found with those who have ADHD.
Joceannora wrote: When I read a thread where reactive comments can cause unrest, I look less at content and more at behavior. While most commenters are not antagonistic, one commenter continues to be just that. In the virtual world this person is often labeled a Troll, those who purposefully intend to rouse the ire of others. While it's sometimes difficult to ignore a Troll, it's the best course to get them to move on.

However, in this case, there's another explanation tied to behavior. So let's go to the Mayo (Clinic):

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for admiration and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

A narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of life, such as relationships, work, school or financial affairs. You may be generally unhappy and disappointed when you're not given the special favors or admiration you believe you deserve. Others may not enjoy being around you, and you may find your relationships unfulfilling.

Criteria for narcissistic personality disorder include these features:
•Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
•Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
•Exaggerating your achievements and talents
•Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
•Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people
•Requiring constant admiration
•Having a sense of entitlement
•Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations
•Taking advantage of others to get what you want
•Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
•Being envious of others and believing others envy you
•Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner

Causes:
It's not known what causes narcissistic personality disorder. As with other mental disorders, the cause is likely complex. Narcissistic personality disorder may be linked to:
•Mismatches in parent-child relationships with either excessive pampering or excessive criticism
•Genetics or psychobiology — the connection between the brain and behavior and thinking


So while there's treatment for this disorder, many don't seek it. Instead, they show up in places where the majority find them uncomfortable to associate with. It must be a joyless existence and in fact we evidence that by seeing it in words and photos. Take from this what you want and reach a happy place with how you decide to deal with it.


Also those who have Psychopathy/sociopathy disorder have those traits as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/sociopathy

But... I love my Narcissism...! :lol:
stardaisy wrote:
Annaleigh wrote: STARDAISY, I'm 50 years old.  No one knows what I promote or why I'm in good shape.  You are guessing and it's wrong.  Sorry.  Not a size 2 either.  I'm a size double 00. See there is double 00 then size 0, then size 2.  And before you start assuming again.  I have always been this small.  I have no idea why anyone has such a problem with my size or weight.  I don't workout to be in shape.  There are other reasons to workout. Stardaisy, you assume a lot.  You don't know anything about me.  I have no cellulite and I'm not, nor will ever be overweight.  Being bothered by that is your problem.  


You say you are 50 and yet your profile say you are 49. But your pictures we don't know because we never seen you taken them so the date is unknown in your profile.


You are right on Daisy....how does anyone know if these pictures taken are present ones....we just take her word for it; however, me thinks she is "vain." :lol:
My preference is the ride in the taxi

Image


 Mutley






 Image
I responded on this thread to bring in a profession opinion to the statements made by Annaleigh. What she was saying was dangerous, and not true. I made my statements without having to refer to her mental state or her personal appearance. I did remark to her "perfect" body only in reference to her own statement. What this thread has devolved to is a personal attack, and in this its wrong. Why are words like narcissistic personality disorder,. defiant disorder or even a vanity label being applied? There are even mental health care resources posted for more information. The subject was fitness, period. I have always tried to respond to the subject posted, not the person who posted it. Sometimes even I am forced to respond in a personal way. And in that I am wrong. Once you respond with a personal attack you have lost all credibility . It is alright to disagree, and to state your opinion. It is NOT alright to attack personally because you don't like the statement they made or that they will not agree with you. Again the subject was fitness.
Laurie
TheLadyL wrote: I responded on this thread to bring in a profession opinion to the statements made by Annaleigh. What she was saying was dangerous, and not true. I made my statements without having to refer to her mental state or her personal appearance. I did remark to her "perfect" body only in reference to her own statement. What this thread has devolved to is a personal attack, and in this its wrong. Why are words like narcissistic personality disorder,. defiant disorder or even a vanity label being applied? There are even mental health care resources posted for more information. The subject was fitness, period. I have always tried to respond to the subject posted, not the person who posted it. Sometimes even I am forced to respond in a personal way. And in that I am wrong. Once you respond with a personal attack you have lost all credibility . It is alright to disagree, and to state your opinion. It is NOT alright to attack personally because you don't like the statement they made or that they will not agree with you. Again the subject was fitness.
Laurie


This isn't the only thread that she had a personal attack on members so her attitude shows anywhere even on this thread. What you said here is true, but if you were doing it for years then I think she is doing it safely. I know I am aware that there are programs that are supervise by instructors upon intakes of what you can do and not do and for how long, I have register with that program for April. My comment on "Defiant disorder" on this thread is referring to her statement to me "Jealous".

How much weight is she using? Because anyone can lift at least 20 lbs if they are able to do it when they are buying groceries. A large bag of sugar weight at least that amount.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/CAP-Barbell-Cast-Iron-Hex-Dumbbell/37529343

http://www.walmart.com/ip/CAP-Barbell-Neoprene-Dumbbell/31260862


I have a set here that goes up to 3 lbs. You can buy them individually as well.

We have a lovely center here, indoor gym, field for basket ball, floor hockey, twin arena, swimming pool with everything from hot tub to river pool to deep diving tank, sauna and yes gym with all equipments for exercise including free weight. All sorts of programs with instructers for all adults of any age and with any problems from mental illness to disability.

http://www.airdrie.ca/index.cfm?serviceID=42

I live only 10 - 15 minutes walk from that center.

My comment about defiant disorder was referring to her comment below. (It was from this very thread)


Annaleigh wrote: Watch it! Your jealousy is showing. Of course you cab build your knee back up. Have you ever heard of " Athletes ".? Just because you can't do something doesn't mean everyone else can't either. Why does my size bother you so much? Get over it. In fact, isn't there anyone else you can talk about . "Do you know any gossipers"? Please!
Annaleigh wrote: I work out regularly.  i wouldn't change a thing.  No cellulite.  Perfect body.  Anyone can do it.  Just have to work at it.


When I read what Annaleigh writes here in the opening post, I don't take it like some of you understood her.  I took it as her almost offering to help you with some advice and encouragement.  I might add that through our friendship and correspondence, she has helped me like no other and she has taken the time to give me excellent advice.  I read it as her stating a fact about her body which is beautiful and well taken care of.  I think some may have jumped on the one sentence where she said that anyone can do it. In her opinion, anyone can do it.......and she does have a right to an opinion, doesn't she?  Why tear her apart like you members have done just because she stated one little sentence that you felt offended by?

Kudos to Angelesview for an apology she wrote to Anna when she felt she was wrong about something. Now that is a real lady to be proud to call a friend.  Thank you Angel for humbling yourself the way you did.  I admire you and like you very much.

Annaleigh, thank you for all your valuable advice.  I am planning to leave the forums soon as I am heading in a new direction in my life and it is time to let go but I will always think of you with love and admiration in my heart.  Of course, we do know how to reach each other out there in that big old world.
 
Annaleigh wrote: I work out regularly.  i wouldn't change a thing.  No cellulite.  Perfect body.  Anyone can do it.  Just have to work at it.


Nice post.. sound like a lot of people would like to be like you.. My wife has one leg and she has to work hard to keep her weight down.. that is,, at the gym five days a week.. she got a prefect body to me.. but it is important to her because she has one leg and feels she needs the rest of her body in good shape and looking good.. and to the rest,, my pic was taken this month and I will be 70 this year.. :lol: thanks for post Anna enjoyed it... Lou
cron