What a lovely theme-'wonderful life'. Reminds me of the song Louis Armstrong is famous for-or was that the inspiration?
A day to celebrate women (and men) is such a nice idea. Do you not think we humans are trying to make some changes in this world by adding some things such as this? Things we can celebrate and find joy in?

Traveling alone is a fabulous idea as well. Do you think by imagining a wonderfully exciting and satisfying adventure BEFORE you go will result in a different experience than imagining the things that can go wrong?
Do any believe that what we think and believe is what we experience?
That this theme of "Wonderful Wonderful Life" can be everyone's experience, at least at times?
I sometimes receive angry responses with this idea.
What think ye?
that there is too much analyzing going on in the world.......

It is wonderful to have in-depth psychological discussions that is true but imho life is indeed a day to day experience of ups and downs.

If you are intent on using the phrase "this too shall pass" when in a difficult situation, this will apply to the GREAT things in your life as well.

Life is a gift and there will always be pitfalls and great and wondrous joys.

Take life as it is and enjoy all that you can and the beauty of the wonders of our world will inspire ......

JMHO
single
Have enjoyed reading through your posts ladies.
And I love Mr. Armstrong's song, too. My oldest son chose it for our mother/son dance at his wedding. Happy memory!
Hi, everyone!

What's new?

I became a real pensioner - in Russia women are paid old-age pensions starting form 55. I'm glad, as now government consider to move it to 60 or even 63! Hope they won't apply it retrospectively.

In Moscow, as well as in several other cities, Football World Championship will start in several days.

And a lot of moscoviets are streaming out of Moscow as it is summer and time for vacations. My elder son with his family went by car to Crimea. They often traveled their in the past. But this time they will try the new Bridge.
Here are some pictures of it.
https://yandex.ru/images/search?text=%D ... %B0&lr=213

I'd also liked to try this new route, though I prefer other places in Russia on the Black Sea shore - I think it should be very exciting. But, alas, there is no one to accompany me. Well, may be later...

Meanwhile i'll stay in the country house (dacha) and will grow up cucumbers and whatever. Like a perfect grandma. ))
This is true, any time you turn 60 or thereafter, you can apply for your CCP. But the thing is, when you do turn 65, the CCP will reduce?
daisyjean wrote: This is true, any time you turn 60 or thereafter, you can apply for your CCP. But the thing is, when you do turn 65, the CCP will reduce?

HI!
I'm not sure if i understand the question correctly. Why the CCP ( is it smth similar to old-age pension?) should reduce? In Russia, as I understand, if you apply for it later, it will be bigger, as the amount of one's employer's payments to the Pension Fund will increase (if this one works) and the so called period of survival will reduce. is it different in your country?
Ok, sorry, just took a peek at your profile, you are in Russia. and sorry again CPP not CCP, Canada penison plan, you have work and it comes off your pay check, when you turn 65, then we get the OAS, In Alberta we can get Alberta senior supplement pension if you don't have CPP but can only apply for it at the age 65. A lot of people never work a day in their life, so the ASPP help them.

Some people can retire at age 55, "Freedom 55" or other pension that they apply with their job.
daisyjean wrote: Ok, sorry, just took a peek at your profile, you are in Russia. and sorry again CPP not CCP, Canada penison plan, you have work and it comes off your pay check, when you turn 65, then we get the OAS, In Alberta we can get Alberta senior supplement pension if you don't have CPP but can only apply for it at the age 65. A lot of people never work a day in their life, so the ASPP help them.

Some people can retire at age 55, "Freedom 55" or other pension that they apply with their job.
Sorry, I can leave only 3 posts a day.
We also have the senior supplement pensions (for those who didn't work a day or can't prove that they worked. i just do not know how much are they. I am afraid quite low. But a person is entitled to be paid when he turms 55 as well.

I didn't understand why some are entitled to be paid when they turn 65 and others - when 55. How does it work?
HoosierGirl wrote: Have enjoyed reading through your posts ladies.
And I love Mr. Armstrong's song, too. My oldest son chose it for our mother/son dance at his wedding. Happy memory!

I'm just wondering what ol' Louis (Satchel Mouth) Armstrong would think of being referred to as "Mister"...He's long gone now, but what a character.
Not long after my husband passed suddenly, I drove to a cabin we had. It was a nine hour drive with just me and my four month old puppy. As I drove, it became more remote and wooded. I was exhausted when I arrived. I spent the time there getting the cabin ready to put up for sale. When I was finished I listed it with a realtor and pulled a U-Haul back home, loaded with the things I wanted to keep, mostly antiques. By the time I reached home, I was dead on my feet. I will not do that kind of continuous driving again. I have decided that I will not drive longer than five hours at a stretch and not alone to isolated areas.
Hello Everyone . I just joined today and looking forward to meeting new friends. Have a wonderful day.
Hello!

Let me show you smth. I think it's a wonder. And I'm lucky to get the tickets to the Kremlin Palace Concert Hall and to hear him live.

Dimash. He is a Kazakh, but he things in many languages. These two are in Russian. Fantastic. Judge for yourself:

https://youtu.be/9845f5cCFyE

And

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bL6g_6qVLY
INFJJR wrote: What a lovely theme-'wonderful life'. Reminds me of the song Louis Armstrong is famous for-or was that the inspiration?
A day to celebrate women (and men) is such a nice idea. Do you not think we humans are trying to make some changes in this world by adding some things such as this? Things we can celebrate and find joy in?

Traveling alone is a fabulous idea as well. Do you think by imagining a wonderfully exciting and satisfying adventure BEFORE you go will result in a different experience than imagining the things that can go wrong?
Do any believe that what we think and believe is what we experience?
That this theme of "Wonderful Wonderful Life" can be everyone's experience, at least at times?
I sometimes receive angry responses with this idea.
What think ye?

Wonderful Life was the old James Stewart film. Louis's song was What a Wonderful World
Happy the 8th of March Day- the day of spring, beauty and tulips :) https://youtu.be/uirBWk-qd9A