I love the Winter Season.......time of reflecting and hunkering in, lets chat about what brings us a smile on our face.......whatever it may be, share with me..........

There is a privacy about it which no other season gives you.... In spring, summer and fall people sort of have an open season on each other; only in the winter, in the country, can you have longer, quiet stretches when you can savor belonging to yourself. ~Ruth Stout

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I prefer winter and fall, when you feel the bone structure of the landscape - the loneliness of it, the dead feeling of winter. Something waits beneath it, the whole story doesn't show. ~Andrew Wyeth

:) Hi Genevra,

I think your post is awesome and I really like your imagery. 8)

Although I definitely believe in the phrase "to each his own," and I realize that winter is a time to reflect ... something I need to learn to do better ... and there are many activities that I would miss without this season ... I must admit to having a preference for spring and fall. :)

This is a time when the weather is not too warm, nor too cold.

...a time when there is colour all around, whether it's the greens of new life springing forth to blossom in glory during the summer season 8) or the warm hues of leaves on trees that are preparing to hibernate for the winter.

Neither of these seasons will provide snow to worry me about the drive to get to where I wish to go, threaten to freeze my bones or blind me with the sparkling rays of light bouncing off newly fallen snow.

Neither will they afford a hot sun to burn me and dry me out, nor provide a heat that makes me feel too lazy to accomplish what I wish to do (even if I do have to get it done regardless.)

All of the seasons have their merits ... and downsides ... and I believe that each of us has the ability to forgive one or two seasons more than the others for their inconveniences ... you forgive winter and I forgive spring and fall - I'm sure everyone else here has their preferences too, if only they will share them with us... :idea:
Every winter,
When the great sun has turned his face away,
The earth goes down into a vale of grief,
And fasts, and weeps, and shrouds herself in sables,
Leaving her wedding-garlands to decay -
Then leaps in spring to his returning kisses.
~Charles Kingsley

[img][img]http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af285/CougarsBabyGaga/womanwhitedresswaterreflection.gif[/img][/img]

Just a flash back to what lies ahead........spring will come to those who wait...
Thank you Firefly, its nice to read you and appreciate you sharing your thoughts as well.

It has been a busy time for me, so I am not here as often as I thought I would be, however, this is a new day. I will post a small composition, for your reading enjoyment.

Make Me Brave for Life
God, make me brave for life
Oh, braver than this.
Let me straighten after pain,
As a tree straightens after the rain,
Shining and lovely again.
God, make me brave for life; much braver than this.
As the blown grass lifts, let me rise
From sorrow with quiet eyes,
Knowing Thy way is wise.
God, make me brave, life brings
Such blinding things.
Help me to keep my sight;
Help me to see a right
That out of dark comes light.

~Author Unknown~

Chat about what goals you are not quite brave enough to reach, or share with us what Being Brave has given you!!! I'd love to hear your views.
I wrote this for a friend my age who was feeling down (plus a few more to follow).I think you will like it.

Romance whispere to her heart

Autumn is the prettiest time of life,
Changing colours and less strife,
When beauty increases in many a maid
And summer repeats not ready to fade.

Autumn breezes caress her soul
Seeking to make her heart whole,
While tears gather upon her marrow,
She seeks out a new tomorrow.

That empty hole when one's alone
Is borne heavy as an anchor stone,
 For youth has flown forever gone,
And eternity waits not far on. I

n sleep beckons a faceless brough,
That eludes her,yet somehow,
She feels love's tender part
As romance whispers to her heart.

She wakes refreshed sure in mind
That someone awaits pure and kind
To share days and nights to short,
When bliss is freed in love's cavort.
Well this is what I'm looking for-something to inspire me and lift me up. I feel so burdened down with responsibilites and lack of freedom. It used to be that in our younger days, this season, autumn, was a wonderful time of enjoyment as we drove through the country and enjoyed the beauty of nature that God has give to us. Now, we sit and have a narrow view out our window. Every season for me has it's own beauty. Spring is the awakening of new birth as I eagerly watch for the crocuses to emerge through the piles of melting snow. Summer is a wonderful time to enjoy birds, flowers and all that nature has to offer. Autumn is beautiful with all the colors and a different smell to the air. Winter, ahh, the first fall of snow was always so exciting as a child. I loved to play in the snow! Yes, I have shovelled more than my share of snow but somehow the briskness in the cold air is not as appealing when the body is weary. Now, we watch the plow as it clears the way for us to get out of our condo. I'm new to this site and if I could figure out how to insert happy faces into my dialog, I would.