I just read this really sad news article on yahoo.com, that an innocent Wal-Mart worker was trampled to death at an American outlet.

who is to blame?
the shoppers, who were so blinded by consumerism that they took a man's life and rushed past his body lying on the ground in a mad pursuit of material things?
Or is Wal-Mart management, for psyching up customers with first come, first served and door-buster deals but not implementing any safety measures?

Probably both!
When I first read this news article I asked myself, where is humanity heading? What has happened to common courtesy? I thought of old black and white movies with all the polite characters and their excellent manners and of times when etiquette was not only a strange word. When "be polite at all times"
in reply to your blog about wal-mart..the personnel that owns wal-mart doesn't care about their employees,as there are so many lawsuits against them it isn't funny..you can look their lawsuits up on your computer and read what i am saying..

an innocent Wal-Mart worker was trampled to death at an American outlet.

who is to blame?
the shoppers, who were so blinded by consumerism that they took a man's life and rushed past his body lying on the ground in a mad pursuit of material things?
Or is Wal-Mart management, for psyching up customers with first come, first served and door-buster deals but not implementing any safety measures?

Probably both!
When I first read this news article I asked myself, where is humanity heading? What has happened to common courtesy? I thought of old black and white movies with all the polite characters and their excellent manners and of times when etiquette was not only a strange word. When "be polite at all times"
Eti who???????
Hey, dis here iz da twentifoist centuri; man, peoples done forgot hows to spele dat woid...!
(watsit meen anyhows...i'se 4gots...
:lol:
I think Walmart should just do away with this Black Friday nonsense. So many people are trying to save money, but still want to have that "wonderful Christmas" they keep seeing in movies and on TV. It does not exist, as this cannot be bought. I think it speaks more to economic issues than anything else, and it is a sad day when someone loses their life in this manner. It's shocking.
Marianna wrote: I just read this really sad news article on yahoo.com, that an innocent Wal-Mart worker was trampled to death at an American outlet.

who is to blame?

Probably both!

While the piece of news was correct, Yahoo News neither is reliable, nor is it always accurate. Quote Der Spiegel also carried the news and is a more reliable source.Nein, ich spreche kein Deutsch
By looking at your age I assume that by black and white you mean the silent films. However I guess you are right , there were times that Gay meant Happy. :lol:
I am concerned when I see any death related to retail shopping. But make no mistake Wal-mart has been the subject of attack from the left for years. Every thing from human rights violations to not paying a "living wage". It is the standard of the left to blame Wal-Mart , because Wal-Mart is the choice for today. The left blamed Wall Street for the bubble that destroyed the housing market. But the truth of the matter is, Fanny Mae/Freddie Mae were destroyed by politics. ie Barny Franks and the left. You do not force the banks into giving housing loans to people that cannot meet the requirements for repayment, back that loan with US dollars and expect to harvest rainbows. Bottom line people, research and confirm (from many news sources) everything you hear, read, and see. It is indeed a jungle out there.
Miss Information