Hi Koalabear

Don't be in a rush to find someone, even after some time you might feel a bit desperate and latch on to the first one to show you some attention. Don't fall into that trap. You must remember that when couple first meet up, it's all nice and pleasant, each one trying to make an impression on the other. Then in time things slip into there normal routines and then the real truths start to show. True love takes time to find and you'll find more likely when you're not looking. Always try to be good friends first and foremost, because if you can't develop a long friendship first then what chance of any lasting relationship? Your partner should always be your best friend, if not then what are you doing together? There are plenty of kind, decent and polite men and women out there. It makes no difference what nationality you are, in fact that can be the spark that starts everything. I'm a Canadian living in North Wales and married to an English girl, so do have experience first hand. I do wish you well in you search and your future happiness.

Ron
I don't know myself, I was born and raised in the south in the states and have traveled the world in the military and for business and I'd say there is large difference in how people not only treat the opposite sex but even the same sex. I think it's our own personal mandate to treat others with kindness and respect wherever your from though. I was brought to say 'Yes Mam' when some one extended a courtesy and have gotten in trouble for it because the she felt I was calling her old..........I've gotten in trouble for holding doors and opening the car doors too because they thought I was taking their independence from them.......... I don't know though, but I just keep on doing what I was taught was right by people and what I feel is the right thing to do. As always the only person you really have to answer to is that person looking at you in the mirror.
Thank you so much everyone. I appreciate all your comments so very much

I would love someone to open doors for me that to me shows respect and I guess that's what is missing today, there just isn't much respect anymore :(

Hi Kaola,

Now that you have posted that you met your new friend, we are sad, because we don't see you anymore......( :( :(  )

Drop in once in a while, we miss your beautiful face on here.

But really, I am very very happy for you, and I think your new friend is handsome, intelligent, and a nice friendly guy.  

hugs, Jessy 
And a PS to Rage............Way to go!! I wish you all the best....

Jessy 
mi.lwcus wrote: Hi Koalabear

Don't be in a rush to find someone, even after some time you might feel a bit desperate and latch on to the first one to show you some attention. Don't fall into that trap. You must remember that when couple first meet up, it's all nice and pleasant, each one trying to make an impression on the other. Then in time things slip into there normal routines and then the real truths start to show. True love takes time to find and you'll find more likely when you're not looking. Always try to be good friends first and foremost, because if you can't develop a long friendship first then what chance of any lasting relationship? Your partner should always be your best friend, if not then what are you doing together? There are plenty of kind, decent and polite men and women out there. It makes no difference what nationality you are, in fact that can be the spark that starts everything. I'm a Canadian living in North Wales and married to an English girl, so do have experience first hand. I do wish you well in you search and your future happiness.

Ron

Ron I like what you had to say and it is so very true....in order to have a long lasting friendship...you must take your time and get to know the person and first step is being the friend. Yes we all are on our best behaviour and only after we have become familiar with each other then do we see a different side. Makes no sense to be in a hurry when true love comes around great if it doesn't then count your blessings that it wasn't meant to be. Look at me I am taking my time.....hehee and LOL.