Chokko wrote: What is the recipe for making friends?   Why is it so hard...      I just wonder...  :roll:

Common ground, experiences together, equality, respect, having each others back...

I like to remember, a friend is the one with the great big smile when they see you, not just those that say they are your friends.
Thanks Larry. Nice recipe :D I like it.
Chokko wrote: What is the recipe for making friends?   Why is it so hard...      I just wonder...  :roll:

An old friend of mine stated, when asked on his 50th anniversary, what the secret was: "It has to do with the letter 'C'; commitment, compromise, compassion, caring, consideration, consultation, companionship, etc...". I think that this applies to friendship as well as marriage!
So true... Thank you so much David. :)
I think that most people are very skeptical about your motives when making friends whether they are male or female . Times and individual fraudsters have made it hard to trust and take a stranger at face value where as a child has yet to learn not to  trust a stranger. We or I should say most will not even use their personal name in most cases for a lack of trust and fear of what may happen. after being taken advantage of or hearing of those who have been , for various things. Why a female cousin of mine was taken advantage of after she met a man from south  africa online whom surprised everyone even his own family by his actions. Does that mean that all men are like him , no it doesn't.  I often say that while I understand why I am placed in the same category as a criminal when meeting some one either on line or in person for a friendship or a partnership , I don't like it will put up with it for a while. 
Thank you ThePainter. So true... I agree.... :)
What does it mean when someone asks if you like them?  I answered the question to a man who is my teacher, or also my teacher, any way, it seems he really did want to know.  He just wants to be friends.
What does it mean when someone asks if you like them  ?  If the questin is posed should it be anwered.  My teacher asked me.  I answered.  i know it isn't the same.  Is it the right thing to do?  He wants to be friends.  I thought that is what we were within the proper limits.  Any thoughts?
Hi Louisehellyer. I do not really know what it means... I do not know what is his intention. It is a difficult question to answer. You will have to follow your heart. Take it slowly and maybe see what happen. The question is... Do you like him too. I know that in English like and love have different meaning. Maybe you can go slowly and see what happen or ... ask explanation about his question... and what friends mean for him... Only him can answer your question... I do not know if this help you... Maybe someone here will answer to your question better than me ..... :) I prefer when things are clear, I probably ask for explanation... :roll: I just know that at work, it is not always a good idea to mix work and love. :(
The best way to make a friend is to ask for a friend.. Strange but it works. The only other ingredient is you have to get out and look. Be adventurous. Go to new places. Let me know how it works.
maryviolet wrote: The best way to make a friend is to ask for a friend.. Strange but it works. The only other ingredient is you have to get out and look. Be adventurous. Go to new places. Let me know how it works.

Thank you so much Maryviolet for your comment. :)
I find it very hard to remain friends after someone lies to me and I find out.  Friendship has to be about honesty.  Without honesty, there can't be trust and trust is important in a friendship.

Thank you for your friendship Chokko, you were the first person on this site to extend the hand of friendship to me..... :D  

Where is your awesome photo? 
Jessy wrote: I find it very hard to remain friends after someone lies to me and I find out.  Friendship has to be about honesty.  Without honesty, there can't be trust and trust is important in a friendship.

Thank you for your friendship Chokko, you were the first person on this site to extend the hand of friendship to me..... :D  

Where is your awesome photo? 

You are welcome Jessy. Thanks, and thank you for your comment. I put my picture in my gallery. Sometimes I hide in my gallery. :)
It's always good to have a place to hide Chokko........ :lol:
Jessy wrote: It's always good to have a place to hide Chokko........ :lol:

So true... :D