What on earth does a person do with someone who continually messages me in a language I do not understand.  I tell him "No understand" in as many ways as I know how.  The only thing I understand in his message is "kissssssssssssss" at the end of it.  :lol:

Today, I had no choice but to ban him.  I didn't want to because he is not mean or anything, but it is annoying corresponding with someone who doesn't understand me and I don't understand him. 
I occasionally get messages from members in other languages and find Google Translate quite useful. You copy the whole message and translate it in one go. You can also type a reply and translate it into any language.
Good to know.  Thanks Graham.  :D
Be careful of Google translator I once had a piece of a message, which I could not understand it and further more I could not tell in what language it was.

So I tried translating it in all possible languages in order to see, which one would make sense. The best it came up with that made any sense at all was "why don't you hug the camel from his rear" which may have been taken as an insult and luckily I didn't.

Many years later I found that sentence or the combination of the words were meant as a proverb meaning I was doing something the wrong way; as we say crudely in English (British) "Arse about face". The language was a mix of Turkish and Greek spoken in Cyprus

Gibberish if you ask me

The same guys on the other hand have a saying "In the desert a single shoe is a gift from Heaven"

That loosely translate to the English (British) proverb " Don't look in the gift horse's mouth"
My thruppence

Mutley.............................?

:lol:
In Canada we would say "you got that ass backwards". 
In Alberta, we would say "you got that bass ackwards"..... lol

single 
Jessy wrote: What on earth does a person do with someone who continually messages me in a language I do not understand.  I tell him "No understand" in as many ways as I know how.  The only thing I understand in his message is "kissssssssssssss" at the end of it.  :lol:

Today, I had no choice but to ban him.  I didn't want to because he is not mean or anything, but it is annoying corresponding with someone who doesn't understand me and I don't understand him. 

i bet the person is talking Ojibway, Jessy...think i know who it is
I think he was from Europe, maybe France Karen.  :D
I use Google Translate fairly often. It does a very good job, thanks to the many people around the world who contribute corrections. But it's not perfect. Here's a tip for using it to send messages in a foreign language. (One you don't understand.) You too can write in many languages, as well as read them. If you want to stir up trouble in the Arabic-speaking world, Google Translate is your ticket. (I don't use it that way. I'm just saying.)

What I do is translate to the foreign language, then put the translated text into the input box, and translate it back to English, as a check that the translation matches what I want to send. If it does match, I send it. If it doesn't, I change the English, until E1 -> X -> E2 gives E1 = E2, or close to identical. It takes a bit more time to do that. But then one can be confident that the translated text does communicate ones intended meaning. If you don't do that, then someone can think you're talking about cigarettes, when you mean camels, the animals. Like, do you guys smoke camel dung? You don't want them getting the impression that you're talking about cigarettes.

Just kidding. I said: I don't do that.
Welcome to 50Plus Club Rod.  Nice to get your input on here.... :D