Hi,I do believe in mind over matter an that you can help yourself to over come certain things in your life. is that what you call Hypnotherapy?.
Hi, Barb Here. I have to agree with the Hypnotherepay's I got Hypnotized for quitting smoking approximently 4 months ago,. I still recall the feeling, because I still listen to the CD that was required, (for 1 mnth.) but I am alone, N find it very soothing N relaxing at night time. So I still listen to it. It definately wasn't what I excpected.. I thought I would be out like a light, I could be asked anything, N would Do or Say Anything, with No Control. I was so Wrong,. It was such a weird feeling to be asked a question and realize that you could control answering, but styill wanted to asnswer it, the answer just flowed out, In a strange way, I was answering to a stranger, Did I want to, Did I want to let them in,.I was concentrating at first on the breathing and eye instructions that I was she had me doing,.She told me my arms would get Tired,Heavy,. my body piece by piece would. Man N did it, Couldn't move, she told me to move I told her I couldn't (I'm in Construction) I told her I had a Beam laying across me N couldn't move.. Seriously it Truely felt like it. As the time went on, I felt alittle more confortable answering her questions,. I was in a big Empty Office building, with a kind of portistioned walls, soothing sounds N all, with in the office, but I was still very aware of the noices through out the office,. The main door bell, the ph. etc.. But In the long run, I am still not Smoking,. and I am not Missing it,. :) Oh N No you can NOT Save All That Money,.It Always goes somewhere else..
Hi Ladies (welcome to the New Year).Visulization helped me to quit smoking when i was 30..over ahuum,20 yr ago.I pictured myself from the perspective of a non-smoker.I figured I must look like a fool with a cigarette in my fingers,after all,it is illiogical.I used to drink then so I stopped drinking for a month.Haven't smoked since.Hope this helps.God bless
:wink:
Nice Hawkeye Bill Congrates,Wow Long time No Hear,. Hope your still Not Smoking,. N Drinkin, Diddo on that.for me,. N still listening to the CD to fall into a Very Comforting Sleep. :D Take Care N All The Best In The New Yr..
jennie123 wrote: Hypnotherapy works for me ... I believe it doesnt work for everyone - you have to let go & allow the therapist to relax you before he can influence your thoughts. Whenever I am feeling stressed I go to see my friend Keith, he has helped me through my divorce, house move & job interviews, he's given me confidence I never knew I had. Definitely worth a try , but always go to someone recommended.

I tried hypnotherapy many years ago, and was definitely one of those who had these common thoughts of "am not going to give my mind over to a stranger", etc. going around and around in my mind.

Then one day, and on the recommendation of a trusted friend and client of this particular hypnotherapist, I went. He was a medical doctor nearing retirement and had been a hypnotherapist in his latter years; a "grandfatherly" type. And I agree with Jennie that you have to let go and allow the therapist to relax you first! With this doctor he definitely was able to relax me - to the point that after it was all over, I felt like I was NOT hypnotized, until he confirmed that indeed I did go into a deep hypnosis. And yes, it has worked for me. My motto is, try anything at least once before making a judgement, but first research who you are planning to go to first.
I was hypnotized by a therapist once. Didn't occur to me at all that she would be able to control anything, let alone me, so I had no preconceptions. I wanted to figure out if I had a dream or if I had a long forgotten memory. I had sat straight up in bed in total shock thinking omg how could I forget that, it was amazing or did I just dream that. We did not find out, I really enjoyed the experience tho, it's just that I couldn't get any 'further', perhaps I wasn't willing to go further? Who knows, but one thing I remember as she was bringing me out of it was 'oh wow, listen to the people in the other offices chatting together' and I said this out loud. She said she couldn't hear a thing, I was like, what you can't hear them talking, where r they in the waiting room? She said no one else was in her offices. Spooky. I'd do it again.
I went to a hypnotherapy consultation with my daughter, was interested in what hypnotherapy was all about, i was intrigued by what i heard and borrowed a book from the therapist written by Dave Elman. I had always had trouble falling to sleep and i used a self hypnosis technique and was able to relaxand fall asleep with no problem. I read a chapter on regression was wondering if there was any merit to this technique.
Look into my eyes....
deeply....
relax....
and
send all your money to........
Laurie.........will send you the address and banking routing numbers.....
:)
smile
Laurie