Hmmmmm...now you see em now you don’t. I often wonder where people go and why they suddenly do a Houdini and just disappear. I have checked on one person on a regular basis for over three months, no one knows where that person is. I guess it’s a part of chat I wasn’t awear of. How can you be a friend for many many months, then poof, you do a Houdini .That leaves someone like me who is your friend, wondering if your ok, in the hospital, sick, or even worse. I hoped 2018 would uncover this persons where about, and start the new year off right. Just a Merry Christmas or a Happy New Year would of been great.I guess life goes on, and things remain the same, even in a New Year. 
Hey, I hope your friend is okay and gets in touch. Assuming s/he is physically well and capable of corresponding (can get to a computer/Internet), it is most likely something that person is going through and not about you, not directly anyway. I have been known to "Houdini" a time or two and when I do it is because A). I am in pain and not ready to talk to anyone and share my toxicity B) Start feeling guilty for not getting in touch when I feel toxic and then the guilt leads to shame and embarrassment and I become craven and hide in my shell; C) I get caught up in something else--an unexpected trauma/drama that is distracting and world-shifting for me. D). I get so distracted by what Im doing/juggling that I "forget" and by forget I mean I remember and feel a twinge that I'm being a bad friend but will fix it "later" and then months roll around. E.) A+B+C+D.

None of it is good. None of it is how I want or who I want to be. Heavy baggage does not excuse me from being dismissive of a someone who extended care and compassion to me.

Whoever this person is, I hope he or she will realize you are waiting to hear something and are not judging, just worried.
Its a saying Polar , Luna

1) " [LIVE AMONG PEOPLE IN SUCH A WAY THAT IF YOU NOT THERE THEY SHOULD MISS YOUR COMPANY AND WHEN U DIE THEY WEEP]
2) BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO ARE REMEMBERED AND PEOPLE WORRY FOR THEM AND BEHIND THEIR BACK THEY PRAY FOR THEM.

SO i am sure this guy u are talking about must be good and pray where ever he or she is is Happy, healthy, wealthy and in peace. Amin