I know that some things can not be fixed, but all I can do was try. when people I know are hurting, it hurts me. its just the type of person I am .I agree that messages sent to members should stay between themselves, and not be posted on the forums for others to see.I have had that done to me by a member who I thought was a friend. who turned out to be my worst nightmare  :shock: and it still comes back to haunt me and other members to. if I did not feel sad about the way things have turned out between you both, what kind of friend would I be.  what this ghost but us through and other members from the site  was real nasty. but the good thing from all that, was a few of us became very close friends on and of the site. that is why it saddens me to see close friends become enemies. not sure if that s the right word to use but I think people will get what I mean.  you both may not be friends with each other. but you are still close friends of mine. unless you you turn into trolls  :lol: just joking  x
Thinking that the hardest part of developing and keeping friendships is recognizing and respecting limits. Sometimes it can be a tussle in the beginning to establish these limits. What seems perfectli innocent to one person may raise the hackles of another. The only thing I can suggest is clear, honest communication.  If an apology is offered, graciously accept it.
Dance 
I totally agree with you Lifasadance.
LifesaDance wrote: Thinking that the hardest part of developing and keeping friendships is recognizing and respecting limits. Sometimes it can be a tussle in the beginning to establish these limits. What seems perfectli innocent to one person may raise the hackles of another. The only thing I can suggest is clear, honest communication.  If an apology is offered, graciously accept it.
Dance 

I totally agree with you.
you are right Dance and I didn't and for that I am sorry..
LifesaDance wrote: Thinking that the hardest part of developing and keeping friendships is recognizing and respecting limits. Sometimes it can be a tussle in the beginning to establish these limits. What seems perfectli innocent to one person may raise the hackles of another. The only thing I can suggest is clear, honest communication.  If an apology is offered, graciously accept it.
Dance 

What do you suggest if the other party refuses to accept the apology and keeps running you down over and over again? Just curious.  :D
If old age is regression to the childhood,......... then this is how as children we settled things, in which case I take bids ....What are the odds?

Mutley......be the referee

WeepingWillow wrote:
Dance 

What do you suggest if the other party refuses to accept the apology and keeps running you down over and over again? Just curious.  :D

May I suggest ?, if that's the case ,then you at least tried.its then time to move on . 
Ever remember that saying as a child?.  ' sticks and stones may break my bones,  but names will never hurt me '   :lol:  not true 
morton1 wrote:
WeepingWillow wrote:
Dance 

May I suggest ?, if that's the case ,then you at least tried.its then time to move on . 

I do not foresee a problem when friendships go south....it happens but we must be strong and accept what has happened and learn from our frailities. I make friendships....I lose friendships but each time I do, I learn, I say where did I go wrong,what can I do to improve for the next time. But when I am making friends, I give it my all.....sorry when it doesn't work out!

Don't sweat the small stuff as I have to keep reminding myself daily of this :) Yes I have to take myself less seriously.....be serious when I have to be. :)

Thank you ladies and gents for reading. 
What do you suggest if the other party refuses to accept the apology and keeps running you down over and over again? Just curious.  

It's sad that someone would not accept a sincere apology.   Sometimes it's ego and sometimes it's the breach of trust that prevents the acceptance. If its a breach in trust, I would sincerely ask and try to rebùild if possible.  If it's ego let go.  Some bridges can never be built.  Just remember any time you dwell on it you give the other person way too much power over your life.  Good luck☺
Thanks. I find that people will sometimes say they accept the apology but they continue to run you down behind your back.....so that tells me their words aren't sincere.  If they accept an apology, they don't have to hang out with you anymore but at least they can stop bashing you. If they continue to run you down and not let the whole thing go then I don't think they really accepted the apology in the first place.  An apology should end an argument and make for fresh starts.  I was in a mood once and did something to a girl (caused by a sickness I developed which gives me mood swings) and she said she forgave me but still to this day she calls me nasty names every chance she gets.  I would say she now owes me an apology, but I won't hold my breath because I notice that some people can never see themselves as being wrong about anything.  They are only hurting themselves by holding on to unnecessary anger.
A stranger stabs you in the front, a friend stabs you in the back, a boyfriend stabs you in the heart, but best friends only poke each other with straws. unknown  :?
"A Friend is someone who knows the song in your heart...
and can sing it back to you, when you have forgotten the words"...