Each day I shall post a favourite film to this thread (with picture) inviting everyone to comment or post picture(s) of their own favourite film(s)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legends_of_the_Fall
Albert (Jeremy Irvine) and his beloved horse, Joey, live on a farm in the British countryside. At the outbreak of World War I, Albert and Joey are forcibly parted when Albert's father sells the horse to the British cavalry. Against the backdrop of the Great War, Joey begins an odyssey full of danger, joy and sorrow, and he transforms everyone he meets along the way. Meanwhile Albert, unable to forget his equine friend, searches the battlefields of France to find Joey and bring him home.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Horse_(film)

One of my favourite films is The Shawshank Redemption. It's adapted from a story by Stephen King of a man wrongly jailed for murder in a very uncompromising and brutally controlled prison, yet he never gives up hope. I like the philosophy of the film which is a triumph of hope over fear. The tagline was "Fear imprisons you; hope sets you free".

It's one of those films I can watch over and over again without getting bored.
I was disappointed that it was beaten to an Oscar for best film of it's year by Forrest Gump which I felt was not in the same class.
You have to be a registered member to view the files attached to this post.

This is a good Movie!
Graham1 wrote: One of my favourite films is The Shawshank Redemption. It's adapted from a story by Stephen King of a man wrongly jailed for murder in a very uncompromising and brutally controlled prison, yet he never gives up hope. I like the philosophy of the film which is a triumph of hope over fear. The tagline was "Fear imprisons you; hope sets you free".

It's one of those films I can watch over and over again without getting bored.
I was disappointed that it was beaten to an Oscar for best film of it's year by Forrest Gump which I felt was not in the same class.

I love that movie too, love Morgan Freeman!
Billionaire Edward Cole (Jack Nicholson) and car mechanic Carter Chambers (Morgan Freeman) are complete strangers, until fate lands them in the same hospital room. The men find they have two things in common: a need to come to terms with who they are and what they have done with their lives
daisyjean wrote: Image
Billionaire Edward Cole (Jack Nicholson) and car mechanic Carter Chambers (Morgan Freeman) are complete strangers, until fate lands them in the same hospital room. The men find they have two things in common: a need to come to terms with who they are and what they have done with their lives

an awesome film and very good choice, Daisy
Lifelong buddies Willie (Morgan Freeman), Joe (Michael Caine) and Albert (Alan Arkin) decide to buck retirement and step off the straight-and-narrow when their pension funds become a corporate casualty. Desperate to pay the bills and come through for their loved ones, the three men risk it all by embarking on a daring adventure to knock off the very bank that absconded with their money.
A retired and disabled writer moves to a remote village in an effort to regain his strength and passion for words. He soon meets a single mother with three children, and with their help and inspiration he rejuvenates his life and work.
Dances with Wolves
A Civil War soldier develops a relationship with a band of Lakota Indians. Attracted by the simplicity of their lifestyle, he chooses to leave his former life behind to be with them. Having observed him, they give the name Dances With Wolves. Soon he is a welcomed member of the tribe and falls in love with a white woman who has been raised in the tribe. Tragedy results when Union soldiers arrive with designs on the land.

Could never get tired of this movie.
daisyjean wrote: Dances with Wolves

Good trade
Tks. Years ago before Netflix, I was at the store where my kids were picking out movies for the weekend, this lady that was working there said...It so good to see a lady in here... I said why? she got me standing where I could see the door and yup... just males that came through the door the whole time I was there. She said men are into movies more so than woman... lol I must have been a male in my past life :P I seem to be the only female that is posting movies on this thread :lol:

Another Actor that I really like "Kevin Costner" :D
Another Actor I really like "Tom Hanks" :)
ImagePaul Edgecomb (Tom Hanks) walked the mile with a variety of cons. He had never encountered someone like John Coffey (Michael Clarke Duncan), a massive black man convicted of brutally killing a pair of young sisters. Coffey had the size and strength to kill anyone, but not the demeanor. Beyond his simple, naive nature and a deathly fear of the dark, Coffey seemed to possess a prodigious, supernatural gift. Paul began to question whether Coffey was truly guilty of murdering the two girls.
Initial release: December 6, 1999 (USA)