I don't think they do .. could someone prove me wrong please
David 
I do not know, but I am sure we can find real nice friends. I do find some....   Life do not end at 50....   :)
I know it doesn't end at fifty....cause I am still here and turned 60 this year!   I know of several friends that have found each other on dating sites so I know they must work....ya gotta have hope :P
HI, a few people have found partners on this site and on other sites to.so pepper1953 is right, you should not lose hope. give it ago what have you got to lose. :)
I don't know. But I believe we can meet friends here. :)
I believe that more than 95% of dating agencies' female members are an assortment of time wasters, gold diggers and dreamers in cloud cuckoo land, who keep waiting for that knight in shining armour on a white horse, who strangely, never shows up! I am sure that those females who are genuine, the 5% or less or who do not fall in the category I mentioned, may feel the same can be said for male members. My opinion, for what it's worth is that you cannot manufacture a partner. I think that dating agencies, in the main, are just a production line for manufactured meets that paradoxically never happen. As such, I think that the vast majority of them are just a money making scam for opportunists, whose members are a mere number that contributes to their income. Hence, as I've always said, if you don't meet somebody by a twist of fate, i.e. a chance meeting in a park, museum, supermarket, or dare I say it, at arranged group meets such as on this site, then, sadly, it ain't gonna happen.
alex59uk wrote: I believe that more than 95% of dating agencies' female members are an assortment of time wasters, gold diggers and dreamers in cloud cuckoo land, who keep waiting for that knight in shining armour on a white horse, who strangely, never shows up! I am sure that those females who are genuine, the 5% or less or who do not fall in the category I mentioned, may feel the same can be said for male members. My opinion, for what it's worth is that you cannot manufacture a partner. I think that dating agencies, in the main, are just a production line for manufactured meets that paradoxically never happen. As such, I think that the vast majority of them are just a money making scam for opportunists, whose members are a mere number that contributes to their income. Hence, as I've always said, if you don't meet somebody by a twist of fate, i.e. a chance meeting in a park, museum, supermarket, or dare I say it, at arranged group meets such as on this site, then, sadly, it ain't gonna happen.

I agree with some of what you say in that some people have an image of an ideal partner rather than a more realistic view but this club is not just for dating, it is for making friends too. Many members have found partners here too as we encourage members to tell us their success stories, although some of them were not looking for or expecting to find a partner, which might be part of the key to success. They joined up initially to find others to communicate with and maybe make some friends but in some cases the friendships became stronger and they ended up as partners. Whether you look for love or friendship, I think positive people with open minds are the most attractive to others.
Graham1 wrote:
alex59uk wrote: I believe that more than 95% of dating agencies' female members are an assortment of time wasters, gold diggers and dreamers in cloud cuckoo land, who keep waiting for that knight in shining armour on a white horse, who strangely, never shows up! I am sure that those females who are genuine, the 5% or less or who do not fall in the category I mentioned, may feel the same can be said for male members. My opinion, for what it's worth is that you cannot manufacture a partner. I think that dating agencies, in the main, are just a production line for manufactured meets that paradoxically never happen. As such, I think that the vast majority of them are just a money making scam for opportunists, whose members are a mere number that contributes to their income. Hence, as I've always said, if you don't meet somebody by a twist of fate, i.e. a chance meeting in a park, museum, supermarket, or dare I say it, at arranged group meets such as on this site, then, sadly, it ain't gonna happen.

I agree with some of what you say in that some people have an image of an ideal partner rather than a more realistic view but this club is not just for dating, it is for making friends too. Many members have found partners here too as we encourage members to tell us their success stories, although some of them were not looking for or expecting to find a partner, which might be part of the key to success. They joined up initially to find others to communicate with and maybe make some friends but in some cases the friendships became stronger and they ended up as partners. Whether you look for love or friendship, I think positive people with open minds are the most attractive to others.

Right and that,s why i quoted 95%.

Hi, no disrespect to you but your profile does say you do not categorise any potential partners  but yet in your comment you say that only 5% of females are genuine and 95% are time wasters ,gold diggers etc, you are putting people into category's, if this is how you feel about dating sites  then why are you on one, you state in your profile you looking for friendship or relationship,  this site  offers you both. but yet you give impression that sites like this is a waste of time. if I have got this wrong and misunderstood your post then I do apologize. :oops:

alex59uk wrote:
Graham1 wrote:

Right and that,s why i quoted 95%.

Your view is very negative as I have spoken to many of our members, most of whom are genuinely looking for friendship or a relationship in a realistic way. On what research do you base your opinion?
It seems to me that Graham is just being protective of his own site and may I suggest rather subjective when it comes to opinions of dating agencies. I on the other hand, having used many sites over the years, have based my opinion on first hand experience and spoken to many people like David who started this topic. Not withstanding the fact that I have reiterated that I have quoted what he calls "negative" views, applies to 95% of such sites, it is disappointing that he seems to focus on my "negative" views as being applicable to all and sundry. Incidentally, I assure you that there is a difference between being negative and realistic and if maybe he carries out up to date research on independent views from various sources on all aspects of dating agencies, including success rates and member satisfaction, I guarantee he will find that my analysis is accurate.
morton1 wrote:

Hi, no disrespect to you but your profile does say you do not categorise any potential partners  but yet in your comment you say that only 5% of females are genuine and 95% are time wasters ,gold diggers etc, you are putting people into category's, if this is how you feel about dating sites  then why are you on one, you state in your profile you looking for friendship or relationship,  this site  offers you both. but yet you give impression that sites like this is a waste of time. if I have got this wrong and misunderstood your post then I do apologize. :oops:

Yes what I meant was that 95% of dating agencies have a vast majority of time wasters etc. which by default would mean that there must be others that do not falling the category of figures that I quoted. In respect of not categorising people, you will see that it refers to criteria for possible meetings. And as for how I feel about sites, as stated in my latest post, if you carry out up to date research, you will see that my opinion is shared by most of those conducting the researches. And why am I on one? well I pop in occasionally to see what is going on, but not foolish enough to spend money, that can be put to better use, on. And incidentally I get the feeling that certain people on here for whatever reason just don't like to hear the truth.
alex59uk wrote:
morton1 wrote:

Yes what I meant was that 95% of dating agencies have a vast majority of time wasters etc. which by default would mean that there must be others that do not falling the category of figures that I quoted. In respect of not categorising people, you will see that it refers to criteria for possible meetings. And as for how I feel about sites, as stated in my latest post, if you carry out up to date research, you will see that my opinion is shared by most of those conducting the researches. And why am I on one? well I pop in occasionally to see what is going on, but not foolish enough to spend money, that can be put to better use, on. And incidentally I get the feeling that certain people on here for whatever reason just don't like to hear the truth.

Oh by the way morton, I have never once mentioned that this site is a waste of time, in fact I have made reference to the fact that the best means of meeting somebody would by through the meets organised by people from here.
HI,maybe the people on here do not want to hear such negativity,you are only surmising that people do not want to hear the truth. lots of different people join sites for different reasons,but I think what most people have is hope. eg, hope of finding a partner, hoping to make new friends. did you join the site in hope of finding  friendship,or even relationship?. if people do not have hope what have they got .lots of people like to spread hope, and why is that,  its because they care about other people. hope makes you feel good,its a reason not to give up no matter what the situation maybe,being negative makes you feel bad and the people around you. if people choose to pay to join a site that is there choice. you can not put a price on  another person happiness.  oh and by the way alex  I did not say you that you said  this site was a waste of time, I stated that you give the impression that sites like this one is a waste of time.  hoping you have a nice day  :D
Well the one thing that people can't say is that sites like this prevent you from meeting a partner. So what is there to lose?

There will always be a mismatch in expectation / result because it is not exclusively a dating site - some people merely want to make friends; some want to make friends and find that special someone; some only want to find Mr or Ms Right.

One's view of the success of the site will be driven by which of those categories you fall into.

If you ARE looking for the perfect partner you have to accept that you might not meet them here  - AND your chances of success will not be enhanced simply by sending smiles to every woman / man who logs on regardless of whether your profiles seem compatible, and wondering why you are not getting replies!

Hope this helps! :)