So two more messages in my mailbox and two more deleted. I knew one of them was fake right off the bat because (a) he was an engineer -- they're always engineers. (b) he was a widow/no kids/loves to travel, yada yada. His profile was about 10 paragraphs long and pushed all right buttons but I answered back anyway because you never know.  The other one was a bit harder to figure out, but I answered him too and this AM I had messages from both again (probably same person - two profiles) and they were both deleted before I could read them.
The more you respond to fake profile, the more they get a kick out of you, perhaps laughing because they got your attention. They know it and will continue to provide you info from their fake profile. I use to do it until I learn and realize that they are fake profiles, so I don't respond to them anymore, so they don't bother me because they know I won't pay any attention to it.
:lol: I am use to people making fake profiles of me,and a  few other members have had it done to them, its been  done a few times on the site. The site did a good job dealing with the problem, but the damage was already done. I understand what Sally means you never know. No harm in replying, just be cautious on what information you give them.  :D
LOL yes Mort, but did you notice that Jaffa and I didn't feed the troll? When you feed the fake profile, the troll, you feed it and it will use your picture to attack, but the fake profile that Sally is talking about is that those of sending you messages in your profile. They don't bother me anymore because I don't respond, I wait until the next day and notice that it been remove. So now I don't get any messages from those fake profile.

Some of them will leave their personal information and they are not in the location that they said they were in, they are from the USA. They enjoy getting your attention and will be back again on or near the weekend to get their glory from people who will respond to them.
I wish I'd kept it. It was priceless but when I went back to get it everything had been deleted - incoming outgoing,  everything.   The other clue for me was that for months there's been nothing from anybody and then all of a sudden two came in at once.  Completely different from each other, but two messages overnight after nothing?  
It's no wonder U didnt blame me,
since i get the blame for most things,
Anyway id never had said, i was an injun that was queer. 
You're always getting blamed for things?  You?  I don't believe you, but they say where there's smoke, there's fire ....
Just got another one from some guy (no picture) claiming to be the President --- AND CEO -- of  a  Canadian company. Apparently has a master's degree in BS because it was one of the most poorly written emails I've ever seen.  I guess engineers are passe now, CEOs are in.  :lol: 

And if by chance he reads this ... Image 
My English is not very bad, is deadly! haha After pointing out, there will be corrected, because the translator does what he feels like! transforms your way! Period thereafter having everything I had to say! I believe! I give my opinion, bass, my modest experience 50plus! I have met and I by knowing, wonderful people! there are bad people, I have not met the! people that I speak, are not what they claim to be! at the end the losers are they It is also true that we must be careful! Not all that glitters is gold! But and I'm happy with 50plus I have season, which did not enter, but there are! they are good, they do a great job. Kisses for the whole equipment 50plus.
alex59uk wrote: I believe that more than 95% of dating agencies' female members are an assortment of time wasters, gold diggers and dreamers in cloud cuckoo land, who keep waiting for that knight in shining armour on a white horse, who strangely, never shows up! I am sure that those females who are genuine, the 5% or less or who do not fall in the category I mentioned, may feel the same can be said for male members. My opinion, for what it's worth is that you cannot manufacture a partner. I think that dating agencies, in the main, are just a production line for manufactured meets that paradoxically never happen. As such, I think that the vast majority of them are just a money making scam for opportunists, whose members are a mere number that contributes to their income. Hence, as I've always said, if you don't meet somebody by a twist of fate, i.e. a chance meeting in a park, museum, supermarket, or dare I say it, at arranged group meets such as on this site, then, sadly, it ain't gonna happen.

Well said my thoughts exactly
Interesting topic with a wide variety of opinions. Seems to be a lot of negativity. Or should I just say cynicism? This site is for friendships and/or relationships so diversity is to be expected. In my humble opinion ...

STUFF

We all have baggage. We all are damaged. But we aren't broken and it's how we handle things and treat people that shows who and what we are. There is a difference between sharing experiences and bashing the opposite sex. Bashing will happen ... sometimes people need to let things out. Hopefully we are there to listen too. I have a dry sense of humour and can be cynical, so I get my head bit off sometimes. But if I am honest, I have to admit to being the one at fault and try to be more sensitive in the future. This does not make me a punching bag; hopefully it means that I am showing others the respect that I expect in return.

MORE STUFF

I have met many nice people here. Some of them are very strong people, far stronger than I can ever dream of being. They restore my faith in people.

All too often we get what we expect so, in my opinion, it's best to start off expecting good things.

@ Scrummy: (see above) it can't be your fault, since it's my fault :)
In then end dating sites are like anything else. You will get out of it what you put into it. A lot of people post profiles and then never come back. Or they don't participate in the forum so they don't get to know anybody. They just sit and wait for Mr. or Mrs. Right to find them. Doesn't work like that.
@ Mustangsally. You said it much better than I. Thanks
alex59uk wrote:
morton1 wrote:
alex59uk wrote: I believe that more than 95% of dating agencies' female members are an assortment of time wasters, gold diggers and dreamers in cloud cuckoo land, who keep waiting for that knight in shining armour on a white horse, who strangely, never shows up! I am sure that those females who are genuine, the 5% or less or who do not fall in the category I mentioned, may feel the same can be said for male members. My opinion, for what it's worth is that you cannot manufacture a partner. I think that dating agencies, in the main, are just a production line for manufactured meets that paradoxically never happen. As such, I think that the vast majority of them are just a money making scam for opportunists, whose members are a mere number that contributes to their income. Hence, as I've always said, if you don't meet somebody by a twist of fate, i.e. a chance meeting in a park, museum, supermarket, or dare I say it, at arranged group meets such as on this site, then, sadly, it ain't gonna happen.

Hi, no disrespect to you but your profile does say you do not categorise any potential partners  but yet in your comment you say that only 5% of females are genuine and 95% are time wasters ,gold diggers etc, you are putting people into category's, if this is how you feel about dating sites  then why are you on one, you state in your profile you looking for friendship or relationship,  this site  offers you both. but yet you give impression that sites like this is a waste of time. if I have got this wrong and misunderstood your post then I do apologize. :oops:

Yes what I meant was that 95% of dating agencies have a vast majority of time wasters etc. which by default would mean that there must be others that do not falling the category of figures that I quoted. In respect of not categorising people, you will see that it refers to criteria for possible meetings. And as for how I feel about sites, as stated in my latest post, if you carry out up to date research, you will see that my opinion is shared by most of those conducting the researches. And why am I on one? well I pop in occasionally to see what is going on, but not foolish enough to spend money, that can be put to better use, on. And incidentally I get the feeling that certain people on here for whatever reason just don't like to hear the truth.

I believe it is not about statistics or type of person,its about choice and one thing it ISN'T ,is about being right or wrong!
I do think you just want to be right,but do it somewhere where aother person might appreciate it.

Is obviously not a popular or a generally held belief on this site. I've only been here for a couple of days and already I feel the difference from other sites I've tried and the energy here is VERY positive.
So refer to my first line for any directon for your argument,!