P s. Or any other ideas. I'm retired so pretty flexible time wise.
I've just been having a pleasant chat in there - when people finally arrived. There were only 4 of us, but 2 of us had joined within the last few days.So if there had been a problem with people in the past, we wouldn't have known.
I've noticed with chatrooms in general, most people lurk. Maybe they're waiting to be invited into private chats, but my experience is that chatrooms are full of non-participants, which sometimes makes those who do join in seem cliquey. Or weird!

But I've also noticed in the few days I've been here that the forums and blogs don't get much response either, so maybe people are communicating in other ways?
Dang Another Dave,,, I reiterate,,,,,,,,,,,,try quiz silly..........Let us know how informed you are on international questions, scenarios, etc...We have fun for sure....
No idea what to say but would like to chat, if the diminishing has not yet faded????
Or you simply ignore them. There's a saying, "Don't feed the trolls." The "wreckers" are trying to get a reaction. No reaction, no fun. They'll keep at it for a while, poking and prodding, hoping somebody will crack, and I know it's difficult to pretend they're not there. But pretending they're not there is what really upsets them, more than retaliating ever will.
Of course, ideally you ban them if they're persistent.
Black Widow, have you found the motorcycle thread I revived - just for you?
I don't do quizzes.I might do one in a magazine, but communal ones aren't for me. Sorry.
I found the thread,, i think................and responded...And............... am sorry you do not do QUIZ thingies,,i think it revives the archives of our memories and knowledge.. oh well,, cest la vie..............later then
blackwidow wrote: I found the thread,, i think................and responded...And............... am sorry you do not do QUIZ thingies,,i think it revives the archives of our memories and knowledge.. oh well,, cest la vie..............later then

I enjoy your quizzes, bw. They're fun and interesting with loads of friendly banter. The answers are easy (once I've spell-checked the questions) :lol:
No, <sighs> you've both put motorcycle posts on a thread about computers. The motorcycling one is in Hobbies. It has "Motorcycling" in the title! :|

I used to go to quizzes in pubs, and if I wanted to participate in a quiz on Sundays that's what I'd do. The problem is that people Google the answers on their smartphones, which makes the whole thing pointless. Also, if you walk in while a quiz is underway and actually start chatting to your friends - ooooh, the looks you get!

I don't want to go into the chatroom to do a quiz. I want to go into the chatroom to chat. Maybe about motorcycles. even! :wink:
I cant comment on what use to be but being new I do feel a tad shy. I tend to shy away from those that are full of themself or just rude. I have not come across this yet but I just started. I hope to see more chats opening up. It's nice to have conversations with the 50plus crowd.
For the last few months, when I go to chat no one is there so I lost interest. Hi Black Widow!
Tonight at around 10pm GMT , Which is 5pm EST,
There were 4 very pleasant PPL there.
I am patiently waiting for Scrummy's interpretation of Mr Johnson's emphatic win

Dod
Posted on 13th, A day ago,
Try and keep up.
no way to get in chat anymore and no help from management