Dod
dodgerw wrote: I think casey is correct

Dod

That is a negative view and people should move on
Graham1 wrote:
dodgerw wrote: I think casey is correct

Dod

That is a negative view and people should move on

Indeed, Graham, and it's the negative views that at affecting the site. :)
A negative torpedo hit my pup tent. I blamed it on Iran
As a newbie, here is my take.
Some on this site seem to be in a rush to get someone to go to google hangouts or whatever off site chat rooms as soon as they see your photo or get a smile back from you.
Some of these (believe it or not) seem to be fake fakers with stories of working overseas in Yeoman or whatever (which of course is credible in some instances) but not in many cases.
I always tell folks I'm not giving out my personal contact info to strangers, especially to those who try to hustle women off site in a hurry for some reason (inappropriate chat? scams? whatever? . Next thing you know the moderators delete their messages and they are history as they never wanted to be "social" with folks in the first place.
But as long as the cool people keep coming to things like Sunday quiz chat we got em beat. I hope more nice folks join in on the chats as it's fun.
Just my two cents, I'm new and this is my experience when I ask folks to stick to chat room for now.
What Goldie said pretty much describes social scenes everywhere, on- and offline. The chat room here happens to be more flexible in that this site is for both meet ups and social, relationships and/or friends. Unless someone is in a huge rush, socializing here can be a good way to get to know someone. Giving out personal information online is a choice and should be done with caution. Personally, I prefer to not give out personal information. Fortunately the moderators are good at keeping this site as safe as can reasonably be expected.

Be nice and protect yourself. And, of course, join the Sunday quiz for fun
If the moderators protect the members why do some of us suffer from verbal abuse hence the limited use

Dod
I've had a fair bit of verbal abuse in my time; originally because I didn't but a profile pic up for a very long time and mostly from blokes who were pushy. When I did put one on I then got cold shoulder or abuse from women who had previously chatted without issue; I have yet to work out why and to be honest probably care even less. I still get some interesting messages from men (and women to be honest) but I find reporting them generally gets something done about it.

I enjoy chatting, but I find a lot of people are keen to be your best buddy, even when we barely know each other. I know I have trust issues but it seems to me that if you don't want to meet up or share your "story" a lot of people take that to mean that you have something to hide.

We're all on here to make "friends" and enjoy ourselves. No one should have to deal with abuse and I for one would say something if I was in chat and felt someone else was being bullied or abused; and then I would report the abuser. Its a 50+ site so lets all act like the adults our years indicate we should be by now.
GoldieBlonde wrote: As a newbie, here is my take.
Some on this site seem to be in a rush to get someone to go to google hangouts or whatever off site chat rooms as soon as they see your photo or get a smile back from you.
Some of these (believe it or not) seem to be fake fakers with stories of working overseas in Yeoman or whatever (which of course is credible in some instances) but not in many cases.
I always tell folks I'm not giving out my personal contact info to strangers, especially to those who try to hustle women off site in a hurry for some reason (inappropriate chat? scams? whatever? . Next thing you know the moderators delete their messages and they are history as they never wanted to be "social" with folks in the first place.
But as long as the cool people keep coming to things like Sunday quiz chat we got em beat. I hope more nice folks join in on the chats as it's fun.
Just my two cents, I'm new and this is my experience when I ask folks to stick to chat room for now.

Nice to see newbies take part in the quiz! a lot of what you say is true Goldie in that you are safe here if you do not reveal personal contact details. This club is run in accordance with German privacy laws which do not allow the club to retain member information when they leave and we do not share member details with any other sites. Many countries including the US do not have such laws and often sell members details or share them with other websites to get revenue. This includes well known social media sites.
I used to visit chat a lot, and it was a good place for laughs and for supporting each other, Dont get me wrong, it had its dramas too,, and sometimes some nasty PPL who thought they could bully others, but the vast majority were cool,
I stopped going b/c of sight issues, sometimes my vision would not be great,
and i missed it cos of the friends i made, and also the bitching used to amuse me
but as soon as PPL were getting hurt (verbally), we would try to get it back on track, and most times we did, Im going to start going back in there soon,
and i am not a scammer, but our poor little family furry friend needs an operation
which cost 15000bux, If we cant raise the money , Otherwise It will be Doggone.
I really like the chat room here and this site is pretty cool in general. Maybe we could do more stuff like "Friday Night Talk About Favorite Movies" or Books chat or something similar.
Some great personalities here. It could be even more fun. Thanks for the quiz Sundays. I really enjoy it.
Thanks for your contribution Goldie as it's nicer to see positive comments than negative ones!
The quiz is fun and has been going for over 8 years now but it is a pity people cant chat together very often at other times. The quiz is not intended to be too serious so the banter over wrong answers can be fun too! Nobody knew the answer to the question "What does IDK mean in text speak?" :lol:
Its a great idea to have themed chats, although the subject can meander a bit!
I have found through the quiz that films and books are popular subjects with many, although films probably more so as some prefer watching to reading!
How about trying to get a few together on a Friday at 8pm UK time which is 3pm EST in North America?
Please let me know what you think; and any others, please comment too.
Graham1 wrote: The quiz is fun and has been going for over 8 years now but it is a pity people cant chat together very often at other times. The quiz is not intended to be too serious so the banter over wrong answers can be fun too! Nobody knew the answer to the question "What does IDK mean in text speak?" :lol:

The quizzes are great fun and though I've not attended many recently, I'd be eager to put time aside to run quizzes in the room one or two week-nights, with your permission, of course. I have plenty of quizzes from my days as an AOL host when I ran them. This might go some way toward drawing people back to the room.
No harm in having a try but the main reason the quiz is on sundays is that it enables members from all time zones to take part; most of our regular quizzers at present are from US and Canada. There were about 10 last night; 8 from US and Canada, 1 from Ireland and 1 from Hungary and on weekdays some would be at work at 9pm UK time as it is between 1 and 4 pm in N America! We do get a few Brits taking part now and then but not regularly.
I'm in for a Friday chat. Keep up the positive vibes!