Service and Support

The place for 'daily hellos' and everything else you want to talk about...

Postby CladdaghBlue » 01.08.2017, 8:47

Where has Summer Gone? Anyone else feel time is flying by?
CladdaghBlue

Postby Sara2101 » 01.08.2017, 13:28

Yeah, remember when you were a kid and time stood still, especially when looking forward to something like Christmas, holidays or birthdays. Dad always said we were wishing our lives away and as we got older it would speed by too fast; we just laughed. I kind of know what he meant now.

I’m looking forward to autumn though, the constant cycle of changing colours, the nip in the air.

Spring, the fresh beginnings, and autumn, that period of maturity before winter’s decline, have always been my favourite seasons.

As I face the autumn of my life I feel the same and intend to enjoy every moment with a new found wonder at the changing landscape of mind, body and soul.
Sara2101

Postby SkippyB » 01.08.2017, 21:06

It is true this Summer has just sped by, here we are in August already. Like others have said the best way to mark the passage of time is to use it wisely. I can't believe I only have two more weeks of freedom before I am back at work.

It is true summers felt endless as a child and the anticipation of birthdays and public holidays how we measured the passage of time. Oh how different as adults when for most time is measured from weekend to weekend or by the monthly cycle of bills due.
SkippyB

Postby dbguy49 » 06.08.2017, 20:53

Sara2101 wrote:Yeah, remember when you were a kid and time stood still, especially when looking forward to something like Christmas, holidays or birthdays. Dad always said we were wishing our lives away and as we got older it would speed by too fast; we just laughed. I kind of know what he meant now.

I’m looking forward to autumn though, the constant cycle of changing colours, the nip in the air.

Spring, the fresh beginnings, and autumn, that period of maturity before winter’s decline, have always been my favourite seasons.

As I face the autumn of my life I feel the same and intend to enjoy every moment with a new found wonder at the changing landscape of mind, body and soul.

My Life hath reached its Autumn season now, and like the Earth, I am tired, burdened with the thread-worn corporeal gunny-sack of Life. I must work to gather the once bold resolutions of youthful Spring, I so carelessly tossed around in the galliardise play of carefree Summer. I listen to the sibilant reproofs of the Autumn winds, apprehensively aware of my approaching Winter sleep.
dbguy49

Postby blackwidow » 06.08.2017, 22:45

we were born into this world, we depended on our creators to teach, nourish and love us.we adapted with the times as we grew older, learning multiple facets of life, sorrow, humility, egotism, happiness and angst. we are here today and thanking, i think, that we reached this age. winter, summer, fall, autumn are seasons of the year, we accept and embrace them. there will come a time, hopefully peaceful that we will say goodbye to them and never regret the time we spent enjoying them.a smile goes a long ways,, etched in our minds hopefully for we are blessed and cursed at the same time,, all our own choice...
blackwidow

Postby dbguy49 » 07.08.2017, 2:57

Hi BW,
I do not believe that our blessings or curses are always our own choice. But I do think how humbly we accept either of them determine our response to Life and to its final season... and how much regret we will have. But as you say.. it is best to enjoy the seasons we still have, including Autumn.
dbguy49

Postby Jazen84 » 07.08.2017, 15:58

Autumn, or Fall as we less formally call it in the Midwest, has always been my favorite time of year. As far back as I can remember, even as a child, I could recognize the season had it's own special feel; the sun retreating higher in the sky, casting the longer shadows and ultimately bringing with it the brisk, cool air and the overcast days. Along with the sounds and smells, the changing colors against the gray skies always seem to captivate me.

For some reason I've always found it so peaceful.

That said, most people I know tend to look at fall in a bit more of a negative light -- that short bridge you drive over where you know winter is waiting just on the other side. I simply never saw it that way. I suppose I am too caught up in the beauty of the season and find myself savoring everything around me.

If I were to compare autumn to where I'm at in life, I would have to say it suits me extremely well. Just as fall slowly turns to winter, I'm fairly happy and at peace as I ease into the latter stages of my life.

:)
Jazen84

Postby islanderlady » 09.08.2017, 1:59

Hi All
Here in the Virgin islands we really don't have seasons unless we consider :" Hurricane Season" :D
i compare seasons to where I am in my life and Autumn is a good place to be, Filled with the beautiful colors of yellow,red,orange,brown. kids are grown, some,grand kids are starting college and we remain a very close knit familyand I am finally going to retire :) Life is peaceful and I look forward to having a long Autum with God's blessing and help..
islanderlady

Return to The Lounge - Open Forum