blackwidow wrote: Hmmm.....1st husband was same age,,,, 2nd was 8 yrs older,,,3rd (and the best) was 5 yrs younger ( he passed). No more men,, good grief.....But,,,,,,,,,,,,,when i was 40 and between husbands,, I had a 29 yr old stalk me,, dang....oh well.....All I can say is listen to your heart,, age really does not make MUCH of a dif,,,,but should be taken into consideration. There are alot of men AND women out there that try to scam you, sad..............I am content with my little dog (oopsy,, she is 45 lbs) on the back end of my bed at night,, keeps my feet warm. BUT,, it would be nice to have a warm body to snuggle with and touch toes with while sleeping and feeling more loving and secure in life. Make sense ????????????

BW I havent been able to get into chat for weeks and my profile is 97% has anyone else ever had same problem or have u had a problem??
Hi i agree with you , im 66 very healty, exercise, muck my horse out each day hump buckets of water about, prune trees, work on my land but hardly any messages from anyone ..im still vibrant and alive :D
If a man indicates he is looking for younger at least he is honest. My recent ex does it differently. She is 60 and has a profile with no photo and says she is 48 and looking for men that age or younger. She is not alone but the odd one will say that there is an error on her age and can't change it. Again not exactly honest but acceptable when sites restrict age searches.
Good discussion. I hear you Mazz. I'm 70, and I feel like if some of these men met me, they'd be very willing to give me a chance - but not on paper, or 'on screen' it seems. I like male company, and it's my experience that men like my company too. It's just that I don't know any single men. I can go places by myself, but it would be nice to share experiences with a man. Girls' dinners out etc. are great. I have wonderful girlfriends, but they all have husbands, so there are only so many things we can do together. I want a boyfriend, but I wonder if it's just too late. I don't want to come into someone's life only to become a caregiver for them in the near future, or them for me. Wow, I seem to be talking myself out of being on here Lol. Nevertheless, I still believe in love, and I believe we're not meant to be alone. What I really hope to find here is a very special friend and companion, so we can care about each other and help each other live out our third chapter.
Age has never been an issue with me. Since High School days, I've always gravitated towards older women. My first serious relationship in High School had me dating a woman in her mid-twenties. My last relationship had an an 11 year age difference between us which ended rather unexpectedly. She was the one in good health and shouldn't have been the one to go before me.

Now that I'm past that 1/2 century mark, this preference seems to be less desirable but somehow I'm still attracted to a mature woman rather than a younger option. Honestly, I feel a bit of revulsion when these 20-somethings are making passes. It feels like I would be engaging my daughter, if she existed. Nevertheless, being a mature woman does not distract from your desirability and you shouldn't consider it as a limiting factor. In all reality, none of us have retained our ambiance of our youth, but that shouldn't restrict us from enjoying what time we have left with new adventures.

We are only limited by our own imagination.
IDK if older men looking for younger women are ego driven or in denial about their physical signs of aging.
I'm closing in on 65 yo and seeking a younger man. Not so much younger that we have a generational gap, but younger enough to have energy and health and sees opportunities in the years ahead. I find men my age or older boring. I have no interest in being a housemate, future caretaker or watching each other age from a porch or couch.
nansee if one of those old geezers that you refuse to date looks at you gallery pictures and has to bend way sideways to see the pics you failed to put right side up then falls and breaks something and calls 1-800-LAWYERS from the ambulance on the way to the hospital you could be in trouble. yes you too could call 1-800-LAWYERS get a good sharp lawyer who can claim the old geezer fell over as a result of happy hour rather that your negligence in posting pictures and you maybe get away with it. maybe not who knows. so save $$$$$ and time and trouble and fix the darn pictures. by the way you are lucky a wall stopped me as i was falling over trying to look. i have a sore spot but dont believe i have enough injury for a solid case poor G could possibly become involved for letting those pics pass through sideways get named in the suit and possibly lose his vacation money get in a terrible mood and take it out on the rest of us
for the sake of 50 plus fix the pics
NANSEE,,, are those like dog/cat tags around your neck ????????????? Sorry,, I am sure they mean alot to you,,,, my bad.........Anyways,,,,,,,,,,I don't know what you are looking for,, but it sounds like you do not want to have any responsibilities. If you LOVE someone you will go through heaven and hell with them,,,,,,You probably have a freaking maid and butler at your house ? Whatever.............
blackwidow wrote: NANSEE,,, are those like dog/cat tags around your neck ????????????? Sorry,, I am sure they mean alot to you,,,, my bad.........Anyways,,,,,,,,,,I don't know what you are looking for,, but it sounds like you do not want to have any responsibilities. If you LOVE someone you will go through heaven and hell with them,,,,,,You probably have a freaking maid and butler at your house ? Whatever.............

nothing wrong with maids or butlers------- u in bad mood ?
brian you forgot the *
* only if they are wearing masks and have frequent access to hand santizer
Dear BRI... yes,,, in a mood,, not bad,, just a frustrated one..............xoxoxo
BW is frustrated? lol I been frustrated for decades and decades
This is a very interesting topic and after reading some of the replys a tad bit sensitive. When Thinking about age and dating that old quote keeps popping up "Age ain't nothing but a number" but for so many that is not true. I can say in my younger years I put a lot of "restrictions" on age. Now that I'm in my "golden/senior/later/whatever label" years I've relaxed those restrictions a bit. I am a mother and grandmother and will not date anyone the same age or younger than my children but I wouldn't mind just being a friend. As for dating I am open to a range of ages as long as we have a lot in common and share some of the same goals.

Nansee I applaud your honesty, you know what you want and there is no need in wasting your time or another person's time trying to force something that just won't work.

Dating is not a one size fits all, What works for one may not work for another.
All we can do is to continue to try to make that special connection.
Hi, I'm new to this group and still finding my way through forums and chats but came across this topic and read the messages... I agree that one size does not fit all when it comes to love and romance. Attraction can happen at any age. I must be a romantic though because I still hope and believe I'll find that loving, respectful, considerate and affectionate relationship. We're 50+ and there's bound to be ups and downs of health issues along the way but if all the other pieces fit then why not go for it? In the meantime enjoy and live your life.