We often use timer for baking, but as we get older we tend to forget that we are cooking on stove top, like boiling potatoes and heating cream of corn, then you realize you need to go to the washroom, ok that is done, ok, just need to peek on the internet... opps next thing you know you smell something burning... oh darn now the corn and potatoes are black... A timer is a good thing when your mind wander off, it will ring and remind you that you got something on the stove cooking or re heating.

At least it will save you from having a fire department arriving at your door if you have one of those alarm system installed in your home and stop you from an embarrassing moment. :wink:

Daisy a timer is useful for many things. When we use to go for job interviews.....personnel would set the timer for IQ tests, typing tests, etc. The timer is a useful tool and I use it daily for cooking, baking, thawing. Just used the timer to chill a bottle of wine. Can you imagine the mess in the freezer if I left the bottle of wine too long!........ :? :( I won't use the laughing icon because it would be no laughing matter

I like my wine chilled not everyone does..
Oh, shoot........I just have to say it...........
How can you remember where the timer is, and to set it, if you can't remember that you have something cooking on the stoved??? :shock: :lol:
*stove
LOL you really made me laugh...

Well just as long as you are not looking for it in the fridge?

I have more trouble with the salt and pepper shaker than a timer.
peachShiraz wrote: Oh, shoot........I just have to say it...........
How can you remember where the timer is, and to set it, if you can't remember that you have something cooking on the stoved??? :shock: :lol:

hahaha, :lol:  
I like that. 
Isn't all this just so much rip-roaring good fun?...

I feel so privileged when I come in here and read all this valuable insight toward the everyday comings and goings of life.

Who wants to hear of, how the ISIS beheadings are threatening world peace again? When one can get to understand the Stakhanovite effort that goes into remembering the importance of a food timer, and how to set it.

My Gosh! I am bedazzled by it all.
This isn't about how to set a timer, it is about what you can use a timer for. Not just for baking.

I didn't use Stakhanovite to come up how to use a timer for other things, it was my own thought of how else you can use a timer for, even someone else came up with more ideas for the use of a timer. It might even help someone in here to use a timer for other things other than what is mention in here.

Nothing rude about using a timer for anything and nothing bedazzled about it at all either, it call common sense.
Your quote Daisy:"This isn't about how to set a timer, it is about what you can use a timer for. Not just for baking."

[b]My response: Daisy you don't have to explain yourself about the usage of a timer. A timer has many purposes. There would be no danger of forgetting where I put the timer because I have more than one in my household.  My kitchen timer is bright red and in the shape of an apple. Sure we can always use the stove timer but I prefer not to.

Daisy are you in the mood to squish, squash or crush someone? :lol:

Wonder if his "Wow" will prevent or help him this time? He seems to like playing riddles with us.